Match Thread Brentford v Everton - Match Report, MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When at the game I cheer louder than most. Being honest is not being negative btw. We should not resign ourselves to the view that we are just ordinary now and 6th from bottom in May will be progress . That is not acceptable.
True but we still can't be too harsh on them or Lampard due to the state of the club. Start from scratch and try to get up there the right way rather than trying to buy our way there with mercenaries (we can't use that method now because we are out of funds). We are at rock bottom at the moment and have to try and build our way back up with limited money which will be difficult

In what way am I "wetting the sheets", or is that just the go-to, phrase-of-the-moment people throw around on his forum? We're 4 games in, far from panic stations, and I expect nothing other than a very boring, very labourious, unspectacular plodding along in bottom 6/7 for the entire season to a probable 15th-ish place finish by a very average team. A lucky point away from home is better than nothing, but it's hardly thrilling, awe-inspiring stuff. My sheets -and the drycleaner- are safe for a longtime to come, methinks.
It's repetitive droning negativity. We're 4 games in. The transfer window is still open. We've still got dross to shift - although we seem to be moving players on.

We aren't going to be signing £80m strikers/midfielders. Coady, Maupay, Tarkowski are where we are currently at. We need a steady rebuild and we need to do it cheaply.

Patience is needed.

Patience is needed

3966B87A-E14E-43E4-8827-605CF4BA9448.jpeg

I admit I am a glad
ss half full person, but despite the defence looking decidely wobbly today, I belive that had we had Maupay in the team today harassing that keeper we would have scored more and won the game. We rode our luck of course we did, be we are entitled to do that on the grounds that we have had so little luck of late. We played some good football going forward, and had wenhad Maupay beinga pain in the arse in their defence, Brentford would have buckled. So onwards and upwards, we WILL NOT be relegated, and we will finish comfortably in the top half this season, and I will be happy to be pilloried for months if we aren't!

I thought Gordon was MOTM for us today, mostly because he tracked back quicker than usual, and displayed great skill throughout the game.. We could have scored three or four but so could have they. It was a great test and Lampard is still finding his feet tactically. They bullied us a bit the second half and we didn't buckle which is an improvement on the last few seasons.

This 5/3 at the back lack of / only 2 in midfield is killing us...not exactly a new problem.
And I'm not sure that getting Gana and Garner(?) in will make it work for Lampard anyway.

Like the FSW, and his zonal / general subbornness;
Is 5/3 the hill that Lampard wants to do his Custer impression on ??

#adaptordie

It's repetitive droning negativity. We're 4 games in. The transfer window is still open. We've still got dross to shift - although we seem to be moving players on.

We aren't going to be signing £80m strikers/midfielders. Coady, Maupay, Tarkowski are where we are currently at. We need a steady rebuild and we need to do it cheaply.

Patience is needed.
That...and a couple of wins

I have mixed feelings. Disappointing to hold out for so long and concede late, but it was the reverse last week. But on the flipside, Brentford should/could've nailed down the game. That Toney header that hit the post should've ripped the net off the bar, never mind their domination of the second half, so we got away with it.

I wasn’t able to watch it, but I saw extended highlights. It seemed like Brentford had more opportunities, is that fair to say? They hit the woodwork 3 times too. Seems a draw is a fair result. They also opened us up at the back more than we did them. It is a big concern that our players just aren’t as good as other mid table teams.

I did not like the commentary for their goal, the commentator made iwobi a scape goat, yes he should have done better and looked around but he was marking the space in front of him, not behind him. It’s pattersons job to get on Janelt.

I wasn’t able to watch it, but I saw extended highlights. It seemed like Brentford had more opportunities, is that fair to say? They hit the woodwork 3 times too. Seems a draw is a fair result. They also opened us up at the back more than we did them. It is a big concern that our players just aren’t as good as other mid table teams.

I did not like the commentary for their goal, the commentator made iwobi a scape goat, yes he should have done better and looked around but he was marking the space in front of him, not behind him. It’s pattersons job to get on Janelt.
I wouldn't say that a draw was a fair result. Despite it being a late equaliser we couldn't have had too many complaints had we lost that.

The commentary was horrible all game. Some of the worst I've heard about both sides.

I wouldn't say that a draw was a fair result. Despite it being a late equaliser we couldn't have had too many complaints had we lost that.

The commentary was horrible all game. Some of the worst I've heard about both sides.

I see, that’s kind of what it looked like on the highlights, but sometimes being a goal up means you play on the counter.

It is a bit of a concern we don’t look like we can beat many of the teams.

Patience is needed.
Heard it for last 20 years…from Nil Satis to Patience is needed..

As much as I can see an improvement this season, it’s hard not to worry. Four games in without a win is poor, and the next three games are tough. Frank deserves time, but modern football is unforgiving. He needs a win to boost everyone’s confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.