Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its going to take 40 million to get Chukwueze A) the resources actually at the club continue to be a mystery to the extent that we may need to reevaluate all the summers business and B) seems expensive for what he offers compared to counterparts at or below that price (who may also save money that could be used in other acquisitions). A dribble first, tunnel vision winger who has questionable end product is not necessarily divergent enough from the current squad, regardless of his ceiling. He in isolation is a very intriguing and a fun player but when resources are supposedly slim, the big deal signing I think I would want more comfort or understanding in relation to the club. Its hard for me to think that 40 million would not be better used elsewhere.

If its going to take 40 million to get Chukwueze A) the resources actually at the club continue to be a mystery to the extent that we may need to reevaluate all the summers business and B) seems expensive for what he offers compared to counterparts at or below that price (who may also save money that could be used in other acquisitions). A dribble first, tunnel vision winger who has questionable end product is not necessarily divergent enough from the current squad, regardless of his ceiling. He in isolation is a very intriguing and a fun player but when resources are supposedly slim, the big deal signing I think I would want more comfort or understanding in relation to the club. Its hard for me to think that 40 million would not be better used elsewhere.
rational thinking,
too rational....
Everton?

You could say the same for every Nation.
Not really. Theres been many successful transplants from Spain and France, for example.

Maybe it's more of an Ajax thing? They do seem to err toward technique rather than the physical side. Maybe that's my perception?

Nothing like some deadline day drama tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised if the premier league said, go on we'll let you spend it if you do it all on the last day for drama, "nothing like the premier league" etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.