Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I don’t mind as long as it’s a decent return on investment.

if he’s a ‘huge success’, he’s likely to leave at some point anyway & if he’s just a ‘success’ it’s unlikely United will want him. If I recall Deulofeu had one with Barcelona.

Barca and lately Chelsea pretty much insert them in nearly all sales these days, united have been doing it a lot more too all three after bring burnt by selling players whose values went up astronomically after they where sold

Barca with del was u believe a two structure buy back, up to a one year it'd cost them a certain amount after that it'd cost them higher in the secibd year then if they didn't excercise it then it'd expire - was also an additional clause that they couldn't sell or loan him fir a year after they activated it to stop them flipping him fir a profit, also meant the player knew he'd be rotting in the reserves a season if they did bring him back to sell on again.

As with all options it's the players choice also, Garner having been cast off once may think sod it in two years if they did try bring him back.

If the buy back clause is £45m+ its a deal well worth doing.
I think there are far more possible outcomes than that. Look at the general market's appreciation this summer. Say the clause only kicks in three years from now, it's possible that 45 million is simply an average/below average starter market value. Obviously the argument is that its profit off the initial investment, but it's also possibly a variable that might make the return simply market rate or drastically below his quality at that time. Or not enough to re-allocate for the same quality as him in regards to a new addition. And when we are desperate for assuring prospects that can appreciate for reinvestment, its a variable that could become problematic.

It comes down to Thelwell proving that Garner is worthy compared to alternatives he could have mustered at a similar price. Obviously it seems the clause factored in the price, and as evident in almost all our business our resources are slim. Still it makes me think there may have been better alternatives without a stipulation.

Last edited:
BBC red button and the Guardian rumour:
"Mudryk, a Ukraine international known for his dribbling skills and ability over a dead ball, had been close to joining Bayer Leverkusen this summer before the move fell through. He is considered one of the brightest attacking talents on the continent and Everton are among others to have expressed firm interest.

I'm inclined to believe that Ajax effectively hsd agreed to the deal reported the other week then U turned st the last moment cos they saw how much they'd get for Antony kinda screwing Kudus over and then effectively not playing him besudes fir a few mins here and there whilst trying to bring on other players to push him further away from getting minutes.

Can see why he's downing tools as he's been treated like a piece of meat by them
Besides all that, I would be very very suspicious about Dutch league players. By and large, they dont have the athleticism for this league.

It depends on the details really. It would be very galling to do the hard yards with a player, giving him the opportunities that they wouldn't, and see him start to bloom only to have to sell him for less than his market value because of a pre-agreed clause. If the buyback clause gives plenty of room for him to improve without getting to a level where the clause would kick in then it's a different matter. Hopefully it's more of a first refusal than an actual buyback option.
Yer it would be massively frustrating if we done the leg work and got him to be a top player for United to them get him back.

However on the flip side, 15m is nothing for a young English player in today's market, so hopefully as you say if it's a first refusal thing I only see this as a minor issue as it means he'd have had to be a success for United to warrant wanting him back or wanting him back to sell him on or whatever.

He didn't "chop kick" anyone you clown. Watch it again. Massive bias against TD. Plain and simple.
??

Are you saying he didnt kick the goalkeeper when he had it in his hands?

Because he absolutely did, absolutely pointless yellow to get.

Also may want to be a bit more considered with the insulting language.

Gana: Done
Garner: Done
Chukwueze: Tenuous links
Kudus: Refusing to train to force a move (doubt it happens)

no updates on strikers
really curious what is next. So this Chukwueze guy seems to gather momentum, so that basically means we have 6 players for 3 attacking positions excluding Rondon and the injured Townsend.
so adding Kudus would be great as he can cover multiple positions. Not sure if that means adding another striker as we signed Maupay. Kudus can play as centre forward also. But the squad is lacking a target man then without DCL.

Ignoring the lack of a striker that may lead to our relegation, to come out of this transfer window having fully revamped our central defence and midfield is extremely impressive. I mean, yes we will probably start Michael Keane and Tom Davies in the derby, but things are looking up!
Woah, did you almost post something positive. ?
A first

So if Gana and Garner in that means midfield and defense sorted(at least for this season), and then its probably just trying to get 1 more winger, either this Chuck guy or someone on loan.

Things are now looking more positive. Still would like a couple of attack minded players to go with Garner and Gueye. If we can ship out some of the dead wood as well even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back