2022/23 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven’t missed Keane either, in fact his absence has been key for us.

We missed Mina massively last season, which is why we conceded 66 goals and were in a relegation battle.
How can you say his absence has been key? This season we've kept ONE clean league sheet and won the ground total of zero games, really doing well without him.

I suspect even without his latest twinge that has enabled another paid holiday to Colombia we'd have been all over Coady to try and get him out the door.

Great player but has the heart of a mouse. Never seen such an imposing fella cry off at every opportunity.

How can you say his absence has been key? This season we've kept ONE clean league sheet and won the ground total of zero games, really doing well without him.

Well we haven’t yet conceded 5 in a game, which we did THREE times with him in the team last season.

We actually look like a competent defensive unit with Michael Keane nowhere to be seen, to the surprise of no one. We looked like a competent defensive unit on the very few occasions when Mina played last season too.

It's because the board and Thelwell have done a great recruitment job.
Overhauled the defence so it's massively better than last season.
Complete rebuild on the midfield so it's a massive improvement on last season.
Brought in the needed striker late.

Hate the board with a passion, but sorry mate trying to have a go at Thelwell I find incredibly sad - the team we put out on Saturday absolutely plays the team from last season off the park.

I know, but the poster above seemed to be implying that we haven’t ever missed him. We did when Michael Keane was our alternative, a lot.
If he had been able to stay fit then he would signed a new contract or been sold twelve months ago because we couldn't afford to lose him for nothing and there would be plenty of buyers.

But, anybody looking at his injury history will be very cautious about signing him.

If he had been able to stay fit then he would signed a new contract or been sold twelve months ago because we couldn't afford to lose him for nothing and there would be plenty of buyers.

But, anybody looking at his injury history will be very cautious about signing him.

If he was never injured he wouldn’t have been at Everton for very long to begin with.

Keane directly cost us against Norwich away, City at home, West Ham away, Southampton away and was also part of a team that conceded 5 at home to Watford, 5 at Spurs, 4 at Palace in the cup, 3 in 5 minutes at Villa, 4 at home to Liverpool and 3 at home to Brighton. There’s some facts, swallow them.
haha, wow

Everyone knows he's a good footballer with a good attitude who cant be relied on because of injury.
He doesn't strike me as the kind of player who shirks responsibility. I don't think he's hiding.
It looks like, for the first time in ages, we wont have to rush him back from injury and Colombia aren't in the WC so he could be good to go for the second half of the season. We're going to need him at some point.

Everyone knows he's a good footballer with a good attitude who cant be relied on because of injury.
He doesn't strike me as the kind of player who shirks responsibility. I don't think he's hiding.
It looks like, for the first time in ages, we wont have to rush him back from injury and Colombia aren't in the WC so he could be good to go for the second half of the season. We're going to need him at some point.
Unless we have a genuine Injury crisis (Yeah I know.... EVERTON) I don't see any point at all in using him.

Let him keep the massage team busy. Any rotation in and out the best XI needs to be players we can rely on OR we can use beyond this season.

I really like Yerry as a player, but he's been a disaster, it will be 50-60m in fees and wages by the time he wanders off for nothing in a few months.

A poster boy for our years of excess.

Unless we have a genuine Injury crisis (Yeah I know.... EVERTON) I don't see any point at all in using him.

Let him keep the massage team busy. Any rotation in and out the best XI needs to be players we can rely on OR we can use beyond this season.

I really like Yerry as a player, but he's been a disaster, it will be 50-60m in fees and wages by the time he wanders off for nothing in a few months.

A poster boy for our years of excess.
well, hopefully in early 2023 we'll have 2 cups to contend with as well as the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.