6 + 2 Point Deductions

Interestingly, there's no sympathy from many in the media. TalkSport this morning lead with 'if there isn't a punishment then teams would spend themselves into oblivian'.

This might ring true if it was actually Chelsea who were being punished after spending a billion pounds in recent windows.
Don't worry, their time will come.

In the hallowed halls of Goodison Park,
Where echoes linger, where dreams embark.
A tale of Everton, bold and true,
A saga written in royal blue.

In the theater of battles, where titans clash,
Where legends rise with each thunderous bash.
The Premier League may come, take its toll,
But the heart of Everton remains our soul.

Ten points, twenty, thirty may they plunder,
Yet our spirit, unyielding, shall not sunder.
For in our veins, the Everton blood,
Flows with resilience, a mighty flood.

Oh, hear the roar from the Gwladys Street,
A rallying cry that none can beat.
Through highs and lows, we stand as one,
For Everton, the journey is never done.

Take points if you must, from our storied crest,
But the essence of Everton, you cannot wrest.
A bond unbroken, forged in passion's flame,
Our love for the Toffees, an eternal claim.

In the face of adversity, we shall stand tall,
For the spirit of Everton shall never fall.
No matter the challenge, no matter the strife,
Our loyalty to the Blues, the heartbeat of life.

So take your points, take as many as you may,
But the soul of Everton will forever stay.
In the echoes of history, where legends roam,
The Toffees' spirit, an everlasting home.
Chat GPT spitting lyrics.

This whole circus is enabled by Everton and others not being able to adhere to set rules. But beyond that it’s about overreach by Premier League looking to demonstrate they can self regulate so there’s not a layer of governmental legislation introduced instead.
Looking at the total dogs breakfast this has turned into - the PL are proving the Govts case for regulation on a daily basis
The PL being happy to punish to a ad hoc benchmark and threaten the existence of clubs they are there to protect is further proof of their unsuitability to govern the national game. This and their contempt for fans in pricing them out should be the fulcrum for their downfall and widespread change. To facilitate that there needs to be fans of other clubs similarly aggrieved and a campaign to damaging their carefully assembled PR image, and a movement to overthrow them from the top and implement a fairer, more competitive system that treats fans as custodians rather than superfluous customers.

Should others be punished it might be a rare upshot of that action.

It happens we Go Full on Reading!

Premier League Beware

I think if we boycotted 1 home game completely (eg spurs tv game) it would raise more media coverage than any protest/banners/flags are doing.

Especially the coverage in other countries who buy TV rights .

It would not be a good look for the premier league with barely no fans in a ground.

Interestingly, there's no sympathy from many in the media. TalkSport this morning lead with 'if there isn't a punishment then teams would spend themselves into oblivian'.

This might ring true if it was actually Chelsea who were being punished after spending a billion pounds in recent windows.
While also all complaining that it’s ridiculous that Newcastle and Arsenal etc need to sell in order to buy.

It’s a joke.

I'm confident we wont be charged infact I'm as confident of this as i was that we wouldn't get a points deduction the last time, the only thing i can say for sure is that if they punish us again I'm 100% done with football.. For the first time in many years I didn't bother watching a televised Everton game, any love i had for this sport has been diminished as a fan seeing Football become more about money than actual football has been difficult.. Here we are at 12:50 the day after a game discussing potential financial breeches and the possible punishment that may be given... [Poor language removed] off PL you've ruined the sport.
I agree with your sentiment, I'm going out for a run to rid me of my rising feelings in relation to the forthcoming news. Why this wasn't announced at 9am is beyond me.

In the stock market where billions are traded they announce company results before the markets open (and without leaks) - why the poxy Premier League don't even provide a time of announcement is appalling and a clear statement that fans of the clubs don't matter.

Then said in replies still confident we haven’t breached “nothing has changed.”

Are we now saying he is right on this, that the losses are under the limit, but we will be charged anyway due to not having the requisite amount of secured funding?
I believe if we are charged this may be the case. I have no idea how specific the charge will be so we might not even know. There appears to be confidence we are under the 105 but uncertainty over this other rule.

Without fully understanding it if the charge is about the owner not supplying enough secured funding it’s surely a massive mitigation that the owner is trying to sell and would have done so but for a hold up from the PL themselves.

On the face of it this is so technical it shouldn’t be on the order of a points deduction or anything like that if we are otherwise under the 105. But at this stage who really knows.

Looking at the total dogs breakfast this has turned into - the PL are proving the Govts case for regulation on a daily basis
That or their current leadership being rejected and overthrown by key stakeholders.

The amount of political capital in football won’t have gone unnoticed by an ailing govt or indeed a new one to be. So I wouldn’t rule out govt intervention if this develops into a wider grievance.

We'll no doubt get some points given back to us due to our appeal, then get another points deduction which will pretty much leave us back in the same position we're in now. We will not be going down.

Context...

I'm one of possibly between ten and twenty Evertonians in the town I live in.

Saturday morning one of the lads. Aged 42. Three kids. Passed away following a cardiac arrest weeks ago in the gym of all places.

Whatever happens this afternoon please remember how insignificant it can be in the grand scheme of life.