6 + 2 Point Deductions

This whole circus is enabled by Everton and others not being able to adhere to set rules. But beyond that it’s about overreach by Premier League looking to demonstrate they can self regulate so there’s not a layer of governmental legislation introduced instead.

The PL being happy to punish to a ad hoc benchmark and threaten the existence of clubs they are there to protect is further proof of their unsuitability to govern the national game. This and their contempt for fans in pricing them out should be the fulcrum for their downfall and widespread change. To facilitate that there needs to be fans of other clubs similarly aggrieved and a campaign to damaging their carefully assembled PR image, and a movement to overthrow them from the top and implement a fairer, more competitive system that treats fans as custodians rather than superfluous customers.

Should others be punished it might be a rare upshot of that action.

In all sincerity, would you join a movement if it didn't involve us? Say, Newcastle and Forest were facing charges and our accounts were in order, would you really care?

It's absolutely correct, what you have written, but if we are waiting for other fans to be a catalyst for widespread change then we'll be waiting for a long time.

This whole circus is enabled by Everton and others not being able to adhere to set rules. But beyond that it’s about overreach by Premier League looking to demonstrate they can self regulate so there’s not a layer of governmental legislation introduced instead.

The PL being happy to punish to a ad hoc benchmark and threaten the existence of clubs they are there to protect is further proof of their unsuitability to govern the national game. This and their contempt for fans in pricing them out should be the fulcrum for their downfall and widespread change. To facilitate that there needs to be fans of other clubs similarly aggrieved and a campaign to damaging their carefully assembled PR image, and a movement to overthrow them from the top and implement a fairer, more competitive system that treats fans as custodians rather than superfluous customers.

I disagree at the idea of Forest getting punished, as much as ourselves.

They spent money yes, but it was to try and survive in the top flight - which they did and earned due to results on the football pitch. To then punish them for spending too much so they could compete at this level, is a complete nonsense and makes the competitive nature of the league lack credibility.

All fans should be against these rules and the treatment of certain clubs compared with others. All clubs should be pushing for the league to be regulated properly. All clubs should be fighting to ensure the only place points are won or lost is on a football pitch.

But unfortunately they won't because of self-interest and the nature of football. We are all passionate for our own teams. And the rules benefit certain clubs more than others in their current form. And we heard some of the daft chanting about cheating from fans of other clubs, even though all fans I've spoken to, including many reds, thought 10 points was a complete joke. I'm not convinced there would ever be a movement with fans from across the league.

In all sincerity, would you join a movement if it didn't involve us? Say, Newcastle and Forest were facing charges and our accounts were in order, would you really care?

It's absolutely correct, what you have written, but if we are waiting for other fans to be a catalyst for widespread change then we'll be waiting for a long time.
Me personally yes I would as I’ve long railed against the corporate model the PL is employing to over change and ruin football in the country. But your point is pertinent as most wouldn’t due to the parochial and vain self interest in reflected glory.

As I stated before the Premier League and hyperbolic media are happy to have fans kill each other as it avoids them turning on those who are truly killing the fans game and ripping them off in the process.

City , Chelsea & Forest fans singing cheat songs to us gives you the answer.

There's never any unity.

I disagree at the idea of Forest getting punished, as much as ourselves.

They spent money yes, but it was to try and survive in the top flight - which they did and earned due to results on the football pitch. To then punish them for spending too much so they could compete at this level, is a complete nonsense and makes the competitive nature of the league lack credibility.

All fans should be against these rules and the treatment of certain clubs compared with others. All clubs should be pushing for the league to be regulated properly. All clubs should be fighting to ensure the only place points are won or lost is on a football pitch.

But unfortunately they won't because of self-interest and the nature of football. We are all passionate for our own teams. And the rules benefit certain clubs more than others in their current form. And we heard some of the daft chanting about cheating from fans of other clubs, even though all fans I've spoken to, including many reds, thought 10 points was a complete joke. I'm not convinced there would ever be a movement with fans from across the league.
Hard agree. Well put. Makes me sad.

In the hallowed halls of Goodison Park,
Where echoes linger, where dreams embark.
A tale of Everton, bold and true,
A saga written in royal blue.

In the theater of battles, where titans clash,
Where legends rise with each thunderous bash.
The Premier League may come, take its toll,
But the heart of Everton remains our soul.

Ten points, twenty, thirty may they plunder,
Yet our spirit, unyielding, shall not sunder.
For in our veins, the Everton blood,
Flows with resilience, a mighty flood.

Oh, hear the roar from the Gwladys Street,
A rallying cry that none can beat.
Through highs and lows, we stand as one,
For Everton, the journey is never done.

Take points if you must, from our storied crest,
But the essence of Everton, you cannot wrest.
A bond unbroken, forged in passion's flame,
Our love for the Toffees, an eternal claim.

In the face of adversity, we shall stand tall,
For the spirit of Everton shall never fall.
No matter the challenge, no matter the strife,
Our loyalty to the Blues, the heartbeat of life.

So take your points, take as many as you may,
But the soul of Everton will forever stay.
In the echoes of history, where legends roam,
The Toffees' spirit, an everlasting home.
Brilliant 👏

There's an inevitability about this, we will be charged this afternoon, our appeal for the first deduction will be heard in the next few weeks, we will be given 4 points back. The independent tribunal will try us for the second infringement a week later and the punishment will be 6 points deduction.

Me personally yes I would as I’ve long railed against the corporate model the PL is employing to over change and ruin football in the country. But your point is pertinent as most wouldn’t due to the parochial and vain self interest in reflected glory.

As I stated before the Premier League and hyperbolic media are happy to have fans kill each other as it avoids them turning on those who are truly killing the fans game and ripping them off in the process.

Don't disagree, mate,. I am reading David Conn's "Fall of the House of Fifa" at the moment, and while he goes a little too heavy on the sentiment that early pioneers of the sport were in it for the love, the greed and self interest of everyone involved within the game will ultimately kill it.

The only way for all this corruption to end is for the little man i.e. the fans to take them on in the style of Mr Bates v The Post Office. The way this is going I fear will only continue, the Government want to 'regulate' so they can share some of the pie not to disclose the corruption and inability to form a set of fair rules.

Something which I’ve been pondering is when any potential deduction or penalty will apply.

This season Everton have been punished for an alleged offence three seasons ago. Will that be the precedent for any new penalties and therefore be applicable for next season, and so on for future annual budgets scrutinised by the PL?

In the hallowed halls of Goodison Park,
Where echoes linger, where dreams embark.
A tale of Everton, bold and true,
A saga written in royal blue.

In the theater of battles, where titans clash,
Where legends rise with each thunderous bash.
The Premier League may come, take its toll,
But the heart of Everton remains our soul.

Ten points, twenty, thirty may they plunder,
Yet our spirit, unyielding, shall not sunder.
For in our veins, the Everton blood,
Flows with resilience, a mighty flood.

Oh, hear the roar from the Gwladys Street,
A rallying cry that none can beat.
Through highs and lows, we stand as one,
For Everton, the journey is never done.

Take points if you must, from our storied crest,
But the essence of Everton, you cannot wrest.
A bond unbroken, forged in passion's flame,
Our love for the Toffees, an eternal claim.

In the face of adversity, we shall stand tall,
For the spirit of Everton shall never fall.
No matter the challenge, no matter the strife,
Our loyalty to the Blues, the heartbeat of life.

So take your points, take as many as you may,
But the soul of Everton will forever stay.
In the echoes of history, where legends roam,
The Toffees' spirit, an everlasting home.
Thats good that mate whats the tune