Everton win the media league...sorry prem

HTCHERO

Player Valuation: £8m
Does anyone think everton will ever win the league again? My view is not and that's being kind (don't ever think we will even be in the top 3). So, my next question is why brother? Its like fans outside the media teams have a mental illness. We all want glory but it's suits that have decided overwise.

Are we not essentially people who put £10 on 1,000 to 1 horse? That's being kind but we are mugs.
Like the vast majority of clubs,what do rich people seek more than guarenteed income and how do they secure it?

The sport is pretty gone, it started with the champioms league. Capitalism has infected sport and will eventually destroy it, bit not until some very rich people have gotten richer.

It was gone years ago. I have mates that's support the media teams and they hate it too. How about those teams that the media love join a new league, as it might just reset it for the rest and allow forgotten giants of yester year and save football ans not pimp it to everyone.

A good many things would need to go our way for that to ever happen again.

When we play City now, I write off that game as a loss. We've been crap for donkeys, but I always had an inner belief we could be competitive on that day and nick a draw (and that's away, even possibly sneak a win at home).
Be that SAF's United, Wegner's Arsenal, even Mourinho's Chelsea. Although I don't remember that actually happening with the latter, however we still had some games we (nearly) gave as good as we got.

We are further away than we have ever been before, basically we get bummed every time we play City and to get a result they need to put in a massively sub-par performance in regard to finishing and miss most if not all of their 20 shots on goal. If we can't lay a glove on these teams now and year after year they earn 3 or 4 times more than us, that gap is just going to get bigger. We are just like a team from a lower division to these guys.

We have to hope the new stadium closes some of that up, perhaps prompting a better class of owner to come in at a point the rules aren't so prohibitive to be able to spend. More likely we need a revolution to even the field, where a salary cap comes in to play.

There's no point kicking off in August for anybody outside the sky brands. Other teams and their fans are there as Canon fodder. There's no realistic competition and, for me, no point looking at results anymore - I look up Everton's alone out of morbid curiosity. I withdrawn all financial and most emotional investment from a game I was once passionate about.

The Leicester argument shows a fluke at best, or a script to try to show its not just a F1 like procession, to drum up more interest/cash from the tv herd and create the Leicester argument (anyone can win it (if our TV execs want it for marketing purposes that year)).

It’s probably a waste of energy worrying about it. Enjoy the process. I thought this after the Luton game, I was miserable for a few minutes but on reflection I’d had a terrific day with my kids all dressed in blue, singing the songs on the way in the car. Lovely mars duo before the game, few items from the club shop and the kids always love going whether at the stadium or at home on the tv.

Man City fans don’t even look that excited when they win now whereas me and the kids were buzzing all weekend after the branthwaite equaliser v Tottenham. Winning the league is great for bragging rights but I’d recommend just to enjoy the little things that make being an Evertonian unique even if that’s just seeing 11 lads giving 100% every week, otherwise we will be pissed off all the time and that can’t be good!