6 + 2 Point Deductions

Would be pissed off with anything less than 6. Should have never been a deduction in the first place.

It could have been dealt with 100 different ways but they wanted a show of power.

Anyone with a brain can see the clubs tried to tighten things up but you have also got to remain competitive. Did they expect us to sell to Richarlison and not invest a penny back in? It’s clear the days of us throwing money around is done and only made us worse anyway.

Last edited:
Well let’s see. I have no idea why people think we are getting anything back. The same reason I think we get nothing back, it’s just a hunch. So let’s not have a go at anyone who has an opinion because it is simply an opinion and nobody on this board has any factual information about that’s going to happen.
Maybe it's because it would be the biggest points deduction in the history of top flight football if we don't get any back which is just unfathomable.

Maybe it's because it would be the biggest points deduction in the history of top flight football if we don't get any back which is just unfathomable.
Agreed. As I say, I hope I am wrong. I would love for super silk to of just took them to the cleaners to the point where they say. The whole thing was flawed and not fit for purpose therefore it HAS to be removed and all ten points back.

I think they'd need to feel like they have to impose some points deduction or else everyone will go out and spend what they like.
I think there was a lot of sympathy for us over the harsh nature of how many points were awarded and maybe the PL didn't expect the backlash over it.
for me, they'll hand back between 4-6 points.
That's a bold statement.

For me it will be 2 points back. This will maintain the Premier leagues request that any ffp sanction will be harsh. But it will also appease those questioning why it should get more than administration. It will still be overly harsh but the skeptic in me is saying this is what it will be. This is Everton we are talking about and we all know we don't tend to get fortune favour us in big moments.

I think it'll be 4 points at most.

It's not a truly independent appeal board and the Prem won't allow more than half the punishment to be restored IMO.
The bold for me is the heart of the whole thing. If this were a truly independent panel, it's hard to see how we wouldn't get all 10 points back, because of the many, many irregularities on the league's part throughout this whole process.

But there's just no way this panel is truly independent. And given that, think about it from their perspective:

They almost have to give something back to keep the government off their backs. But they can't give all 10 back without appearing so weak that it essentially ends the whole P&S enterprise as a functioning deterrent to clubs in the future.

So it seems to me that - from their perspective - the only way forward is to split the difference and give back some but not all of the points. Which also serves the secondary benefit - again, from their perspective - of keeping the option open to hit us with another deduction for the second charge. And we end up pretty much right where we are now, when it's all said and done.

There should be a deduction. The rules need teeth beyond financial penalties to keep the big spenders “honest”.

We have been run by megalomaniac fools and there is a consequence for that. I also want to see City and Chelsea face a Rangers-esque ruin.

But 10 for the size of our breach with mitigating circumstances is beyond the pale.

If we get 4 back I’ll call it a mercy from the other megalomaniac fools making those decisions.

If we get more back I’ll count us lucky.

If we get nothing back and more to boot I’ll enjoy the Championship and look forward to different owners for us, and a reckoning for City and Chelsea.

Or everything really is a fraud, only we will get butchered, and footy is dead.

I think the correct punishments should be from the following (not all) and dependent on repeat or severe breaches.

-Monthly financials to the league
-Having player purchases approved by the league
-Player sales limited to player sales
-Transfer ban
-League management until financial situation rectified
-Forced termination of board and management
-Forced sale of club

These types of punishments would be more in line with the stated aim of the rules (to protect the clubs from going bust), to use the rules as a pseudo salary cap is uncompetitive as it creates an artificial ceiling in the league.

If we get nothing back and more to boot I’ll enjoy the Championship and look forward to different owners for us, and a reckoning for City and Chelsea.

Assuming we ever get to that level after restarting in the Conference North thanks to the PL and Richard Masters' cronies.

There should be a deduction. The rules need teeth beyond financial penalties to keep the big spenders “honest”.

We have been run by megalomaniac fools and there is a consequence for that. I also want to see City and Chelsea face a Rangers-esque ruin.

But 10 for the size of our breach with mitigating circumstances is beyond the pale.

If we get 4 back I’ll call it a mercy from the other megalomaniac fools making those decisions.

If we get more back I’ll count us lucky.

But why? This punishment only affects the fans who have already suffered at the hands of this ownership, and doesn’t affect the ownership in the slightest?