6 + 2 Point Deductions

It definitely looks like tomorrow for the announcement , if not it will drag on until the middle of next week as they would not dare announcing it on Monday with a live sky game on tv and a very angry crowd.
If they don't give us any points back you can assume that we will be hit again along with Forest and that will finish us as far as the premier league goes.I have got to the stage now that I don't even want to play in the premier in its current form and look forward to the day that the other 14 clubs grow a pair and stand up to the six and stop being used as cannon fodder.

9:04am.

It definitely looks like tomorrow for the announcement , if not it will drag on until the middle of next week as they would not dare announcing it on Monday with a live sky game on tv and a very angry crowd.
If they don't give us any points back you can assume that we will be hit again along with Forest and that will finish us as far as the premier league goes.I have got to the stage now that I don't even want to play in the premier in its current form and look forward to the day that the other 14 clubs grow a pair and stand up to the six and stop being used as cannon fodder.
To be fair the Premier League doesn't give a poo about Everton as we've all seen, and they certainly wouldn't have any qualms about ending any embargo at half time during our game against Palace.

Seen a couple of suggestions that we could hear as early as Friday (tomorrow) otherwise the consensus now largely seems to be 'next week'.

As an aside - how ironic would it be if the points were given back following a game against Crystal Palace when the original deduction landed right after a game against.. Crystal Palace lol

Exactly, if anyone is to have a grievance then it would be Leicester. Luton have no say in this. If anything, their upturn in form started when we got the deduction, it put a little spring in their step as they knew they had a chance to stay up. Us and Forest getting penalised is their biggest shot at survival.
If we get the full 10 back, realistically they should take back the 12 points we won whilst peak galvanised.

Luton would still be livid. Imagine being told you're 1 pt clear of relegation, then because the PL effed up big time, through no fault of their own they fall into the relegation zone. You'd be annoyed. Not necessarily with Everton, but the inconsistency of the PL.
Agreed, but they do bear responsibility for points won in comparision to teams around them. If they finish bottom three and no one lost points to an arbitrary financial punsihment system I don't see how they can say it is no fault of their own.

I certainly wasn't banging the drum for them to lose points om the pitch for owners crimes off the pitch, its a terrible way to punish clubs, especially in the lower leagues where recovery might be tougher and the consequences permanently devastating for communitities

Someone mentioned a while ago about being relegated might be a blessing, the Championship is great viewing and if we were to get promoted back to the PL tell them to shove it, we'll just stay in the Championship, I'm beginning to come round to this way of thinking also, the PL is garbage now.

I hear you, but as the Premier League is stating over and over, any punishment is at the discretion of the Independent Committee, which doesn't appear to be the same set of people for each case.

There is therefore absolutely no guarantee that, if Forest overspent by an additional £10m to us, they'd get a points deduction that accurately reflects that.

From what we all know, they went absolutely mad with their signings and barely offset it at all with a big sale, given the Brennan Johnson sale doesn't count as part of this breach. They might easily be £40/50m over, but there is NO WAY at all the league will hand them a 25 point deduction.

This is where the problems and court cases will arise imo.

A big bone of contention is the lack of any confirmed formula which led the independent committee to the 10 points we were slapped with. The independent committee appointed for Forest's case will no doubt have access to this formula (or whatever it may be) and therefore should come up with a proportional punishment.

But like you say - no guarantees.