2023/24 Sean Dyche

No, it's piss poor post.

"People want him sacked because we’re not losing exciting games 4-2 every week" is bollox. People want us to win games. There weren't many complaints about his atrocious style while we were winning games. That was a short purple patch though and it ended more than 2 months ago. We scored 1 goal from open play in 9 games.

"Best manager in years" is a joke, because it means slightly better than Pigman and Lampard.
Everyone who uses Pigman and Lampard as a measure should be banned.

what’s your point

City are the only team to beat us in the league in 2024 and people’s heads are falling off due to an away draw to 7th.

I’m not being funny but the Lampard stuff makes no sense to me, he was dreadful across the board. With Dyche though he’s “boring” and that’s about it. Best manager in years, getting blood from a stone but people want him sacked because we’re not losing exciting games 4-2 every week.
I do not think any body who does want him sacked because we are not losing exicing games 4-2 every week. There is a legitimate debate about a manager who sets up ateam to hoof and defend for a 1-0 win or draw. Such football will inevitably place the club Premier League status in jeopardy every season irrespective of the current points deduction. There is a valid viewpoint, based on his track record, that he cannot change.

I think people are very very angry because Everton aren't very good.

Dyche is being Dyche. He's the sort of manager who will go back to basics in a rut. Safety first, don't lose, pick up at least a point. Not that he's particularly gung-ho when in a run of form. But it's what we're seeing now.

it's not helped by having a paper thin squad, but, I'm not convinced he'd change much with a bit of extra talent and depth.

Grit yer teeth and hope he hoofs us to safety folks (I'm ignoring the appeal).