2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

He made some great defensive headers when we were under the cosh in the 1st half when the midfield played 25 yards off DCL so you have tried to convice me it was all his fault - He was not on the pitch when they scored their equaliser .....

We are struggling as a team of player bar two central defenders who hold us together....

True...but he looks for it
And you took the bait…

To stay on topic …and/or start a rant from a few

1708820264766.jpeg

20 games is shocking, but the lad certainly puts the effort in.
He will start hitting the back of the net soon and it will all be love on here.

I think once he gets that goal his confidence will take a massive boost.
( Remember what he's come back from and lack of game time )

Also remember who has constructed our 'so called tactics/game play'
not exactly beneficial to the lad ( or the team )

Not saying he is gonna be prolific but a goal and confidence, he will start finding the net again...

As for Beto replacing him 🙄

Its not just down to the player if he hasnt scored a goal in 20 matches. He got 2 chances today. He made the right runs and it was only 2 good blocks from the brighton defence that stopped them. How many times do we see a midfielder going beyond him. They are miles away from him. Plus we bypass our midfield most times. Its like pickford and tarkowski start everything we do. They arent playmakers are they! Im not saying calvert lewin is blameless in all this but f we played through the midfield a bit more the team could move up the pitch together and get in support of the striker. Its not like harrison and mcneil are creating chances that we are missing. No goal from open play in 10 games is it now? Says it all. Personally i think dyche needs to be a bit braver especially at home.

Overall, I think DCL is a better choice over Beto, however, I've come around to the view that Beto deserves a few starts. 20 games is just too long to go without a goal. It's really hurting us as we struggle to get goals from other positions. It might benefit DCL to come off the bench for a few starts. Maybe Beto nets a couple or maybe Dom gets a big late goal off the bench to boost confidence. A change is needed sometimes.

Its not just down to the player if he hasnt scored a goal in 20 matches. He got 2 chances today. He made the right runs and it was only 2 good blocks from the brighton defence that stopped them. How many times do we see a midfielder going beyond him. They are miles away from him. Plus we bypass our midfield most times. Its like pickford and tarkowski start everything we do. They arent playmakers are they! Im not saying calvert lewin is blameless in all this but f we played through the midfield a bit more the team could move up the pitch together and get in support of the striker. Its not like harrison and mcneil are creating chances that we are missing. No goal from open play in 10 games is it now? Says it all. Personally i think dyche needs to be a bit braver especially at home.

I had a quick glance at some stats of just recent games. Fulham spurs and palace. Over those three games he's had 15 shots. Out of those 15 he's had 1 shot on target. Against spurs. Im discounting city away(was 0 from 2) and brighton yesterday( was 0 from 0)

I dont think people are expecting miracles from him. but 1 shot on target from 15 is terrible. We had a lad yesterday up from the back who probably gets 1 chance to score in about a dozen games, usually from corners, and took a half chance that fell to him and buried it. It was nothing to do with service. It was an opportunist chance that he put in the top corner. Are we saying we should never expect that from someone who's job description is actually striker? Does he ever score goals like that. I cant remember hardly any.
Our next game will be in march. He hasnt scored since october last year. Its staggering that every excuse under the sun is warranted to him by a lot of people. You can argue about the quality of chances. But he does get them. He just doesnt finish any of them. As a club we're desperate for a few more goals from our strikers. But lets not kid ourselves. Our front line are as bad as anything in this league.