6 + 2 Point Deductions

I genuinely don't understand how they can be but if 6 is the starting point then we can only be done for a third of that which would be 2 points tops.
We must’ve lost at least 65m last season I reckon to be over for PSR.

I have a theory we maybe thought we were under and put some costs onto 22/23 thinking we had wiggle room.

For example according to newspaper reports we settled our legal case with Ancelotti on the 27 June. If we thought we were at the limit why not hold off a few days? We also put through a couple of sales in early July (Simms / Samuels-Smith) that could’ve maybe been hurried along if we thought we were about to breach. Why didn’t we?

Then what maybe happened is that the IC in November made retrospective alterations to our calculations for 21/22 and also our method of calculation, and that may have pushed what we thought was under to being over.

Just a theory but I think it would’ve been massively careless even by our standards to breach in 22/23 unless we didn’t think we were doing so.

What defence that might be I’m not sure but it may count for something

What's remarkable about this points deduction process is how so unprofessional and un-transparent the whole process has been.

The ownership and management and recruitment have been shambolic. We all know that. But...

When a ruling body sending down punishment issues a statement using terms like "less than frank" and "not out of kilter"...it's clear the whole process is a complete joke.

To be honest if the losses weren’t big we wouldn’t be anywhere near the charge. It’s pretty easy to work out they must have been.
We were always going to get charged again because Everton were forced to submit their 22/23 accounts within the rolling financial period which included 2019/20, 2020/21 and 2021/22 which we had already been charged for. The 22/23 accounts on their own may well have been within the threshold for all anyone knows and if you look back at Everton's reaction to the charge, it sounded like we were. I would guess that silky will be arguing the case that the account periods that have already been charged and punished for cannot be again or it is double jeopardy.

And I'll say it again, the points deduction was not fun but...

We are where we are in the table because of Sean Dyche...

A gift of an opening set of matches to start the season -

Wolves (H)
Villa (A)
Fulham (H)
Luton Town (H)
Brentford (A)
Arsenal (H)
Sheffield (A)

4 points from that? COME ON! Dyche does not motivate or galvanize anyone!

Obviously we need new owners but GOSH DARN we need a new manager...

Wolves (H)
Villa (A)
Fulham (H)
Luton Town (H)
Brentford (A)
Arsenal (H)
Sheffield (A)

We would be 13th with no threat of a relegation battle at all this season if we hadn't suffered a point deduction which definitely wasn't his fault. That is a decent improvement from last season considering the volume of things going against us this season. I agree that he isn't the manager for the future but he is definitely the right man to steer us through these storm waters.

Wolves (H)
Villa (A)
Fulham (H)
Luton Town (H)
Brentford (A)
Arsenal (H)
Sheffield (A)

We are where we are in the table quite literally because of the points deduction.

We would be 13th with no threat of a relegation battle at all this season if we hadn't suffered a point deduction which definitely wasn't his fault. That is a decent improvement from last season considering the volume of things going against us this season. I agree that he isn't the manager for the future but he is definitely the right man to steer us through these storm waters.
Will dyche walk alone?