2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Yeah, but it wasn’t wrong. Dyches hoofball to Chermiti isn’t a good tactic. So I’m not going to blame him for that.

You have also blamed the other defenders in the team and the wingers who played in front of him.

He has had two chances this season to make the right back position his own and never took them.

He will not be here next season.

You have also blamed the other defenders in the team and the wingers who played in front of him.

He has had two chances this season to make the right back position his own and never took them.

He will not be here next season.
So I pointed out Dyches crap tactics.
Said he had been poor. Also said that the whole team had been poor.
Said Garner performed better than him.
Then said he was good and bad.
Pointed out that he had made some good crosses which weren’t finished (by our well known issue of misfiring forwards).

Then pointed out that having Keane next to him and an unfit winger ahead of him isn’t going to help him.

#HYPE

Needs to be sold to raise some funds if he can’t be trusted to play.
Needs must.
Needs to be played so he can get better. Seamus wasn't very good at defending either when he started out, which is why Moyes kept playing him on the RW.

Coleman is almost done, Ashley Young is done, and Godfrey is terrible. Need to be starting this kid most weeks.

Needs to be played so he can get better. Seamus wasn't very good at defending either when he started out, which is why Moyes kept playing him on the RW.

Coleman is almost done, Ashley Young is done, and Godfrey is terrible. Need to be starting this kid most weeks.

I mean if an argument could be made that playing Godfrey is because he's a solid defender then you'd half accept it. But he's as much a liability defending to go along with offering nothing going the other way.
When he gave that pen away on saturday i just went yep. Nothing i wasnt expecting.

Should be playing. I've been saying it all season and I think Dyche is silly for not selecting him.
He gave him that few consecutive starts early on and then has completely ignored him for literally no reason.

"But he looks shaky defensively" is a point 'made' here, as if the alternatives are some solid players or if it's backed by actual evidence lol Even Coleman's way past it at this point.

I find it odd that he's stuck behind three of the worst right-back options in the league.

He's had a few very poor games in his time here, but the same could be said for virtually every player in the squad. None of the rest of them seem to be held to the same high standard, though.

Ben Godfrey is a CB playing RB.

I've got nothing against Ben Godfrey. I wish him all the best and hope he can come through and seal a place in the team

He has however made several mistakes that would have condemned certain other players

Patterson seems to have been condemned despite making very few mistakes and certainly no major ones

Apparently pointing out how Patterson hasn't been completely awful is hype though so we need to be careful here

I find it odd that he's stuck behind three of the worst right-back options in the league.

He's had a few very poor games in his time here, but the same could be said for virtually every player in the squad. None of the rest of them seem to be held to the same high standard, though.
He's had a few decent ones and is young - Mykolenko improved with game time and confidence but he had the "benefit" of being literally our only left back so he had to learn. No reason to be dropped though, can't even play the "experience" card as the experienced players are actual garbage and worse than him.

He's had a few decent ones and is young - Mykolenko improved with game time and confidence but he had the "benefit" of being literally our only left back so he had to learn. No reason to be dropped though, can't even play the "experience" card as the experienced players are actual garbage and worse than him.
Yeah, he's done alright at times.

I think it was last season where he got destroyed by Mitoma at Goodison, but then bounced back and played him very well in the return fixture.

Only a one-off example, but it shows he's serious about getting better.

Yeah, he's done alright at times.

I think it was last season where he got destroyed by Mitoma at Goodison, but then bounced back and played him very well in the return fixture.

Only a one-off example, but it shows he's serious about getting better.
He was excellent in that 5:1 win. First 15 mins was a little rocky but then he got to grips with one of the best LW in the league.

Brighton made more crosses (which isn’t they tactic) in that game than any other game all season because they couldn’t get past Patterson or Mykolenko for the cut backs.

Last edited:
I do not understand this delusion love affair many seem to have with Nathan Patterson and his "Potential".

The lad is consistently our worst footballer when played and shows zero sign of improving, but that should not be a surprise as he only started 5 of a total of 13 matches played in the Scottish Premiership with Rangers before we splashed 14.5M on him. He is an expensive prospect that has not paned out.

Loan him out to league 1 so he can get some actual match time and maybe he can develop into a squad player that may contribute on occasion.