New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's usually pandemonium Baz. The main difference between the National and most football grounds is that it is a major annual event that people travel to from all over the country. For special occasions people will generally tolerate far more inconvenience than they will for their weekly fix. This was one of the main criticisms of Kirkby, which the club and knowsley Council were insistent that it was going to be the most accessible stadiums in the country.

The Key selling point for BMD is not its waterfront location, but the proximity to the city centre and all its public transport hubs and services...... but only if the obvious logistical gap is shortened.

Depends which end of town. It's a similar distance to Lime Street than Goodison Park or Anfield.

The new stadium will be great for the club, but it's hardly the Kings Dock location wise.

No modelling is perfect and i'm sure there will be adjustments to things once the stadium is operational but i'm confident there won't be much if any difference compared to Goodison. Once there is a designated route from the stadium through Liverpool Waters, that will also help with the movement of supporters to/from from the stadium.
One other thing......whilst a few people have mentioned they hope fans will stay after the match to drink etc. I know the hospitality is open 3 hours prior to the match and half time , drinks included. After the game is a pay bar. It may well be that most will have got their fill before full time !

One other thing......whilst a few people have mentioned they hope fans will stay after the match to drink etc. I know the hospitality is open 3 hours prior to the match and half time , drinks included. After the game is a pay bar. It may well be that most will have got their fill before full time !

Don't know mate, if we get a good win, it will be chocka bloc after the game...for at most five games, oh I see what you mean. lol

That is the hospitality sector and tbh these guys tend to stay behind a lot later than the vast majority, I’m expecting with the new facilities there will be many more staying behind for a pint to let the crowds dissipate.
It’s a lot of unknowns at this stage but GP is very limited with it’s entertainment and facilities and tbh is not a place you would want to have a pint after the game unless in a lounge and I suspect BMD will offer a whole lot more 🙏

To be perfectly honest, I'm still sceptical that it will all be completed ready for handover come the end of the year. There is still an awful lot to do within the next 9 months.

The alterations to the seat installation programme is a prime example of a delay affecting the programme in my opinion. They have clearly had to change things around due to the ongoing roof works directly above where the seats are being installed.

Now, this might not effect the overall programme and completion date but I'd expect more of this 'juggling' over the coming months due to the sheer amount of work that needs to be done.

Planning on this scale of project is a full time job for a small group of people. The complexity of it means that it is an ever changing landscape. Alteration to things such as seat installation will happen regularly for reasons such as weather etc. The skill is that for every gap that is created, you have something to fill it with. It is planned to te miniscule level of detail, even down to numbers of staff onsite to cost for amenities provision etc. The juggling you mention is par for the course and an every day occurrence.

That is the hospitality sector and tbh these guys tend to stay behind a lot later than the vast majority, I’m expecting with the new facilities there will be many more staying behind for a pint to let the crowds dissipate.
It’s a lot of unknowns at this stage but GP is very limited with it’s entertainment and facilities and tbh is not a place you would want to have a pint after the game unless in a lounge and I suspect BMD will offer a whole lot more 🙏
Max stay behind after a match is 2 hours

It's usually pandemonium Baz. The main difference between the National and most football grounds is that it is a major annual event that people travel to from all over the country. For special occasions people will generally tolerate far more inconvenience than they will for their weekly fix. This was one of the main criticisms of Kirkby, which the club and knowsley Council were insistent that it was going to be the most accessible stadiums in the country.

The Key selling point for BMD is not its waterfront location, but the proximity to the city centre and all its public transport hubs and services...... but only if the obvious logistical gap is shortened.
Pandemonium? How so? In my experience it is really well marshalled at Aintree station. There are loads of extras trains with extra carriages. Copes with a huge crowd more than adequately. One road, one railway station. Sound familiar?

Planning on this scale of project is a full time job for a small group of people. The complexity of it means that it is an ever changing landscape. Alteration to things such as seat installation will happen regularly for reasons such as weather etc. The skill is that for every gap that is created, you have something to fill it with. It is planned to te miniscule level of detail, even down to numbers of staff onsite to cost for amenities provision etc. The juggling you mention is par for the course and an every day occurrence.
I've got some experience of programme/planning on a large scale construction project so appreciate the work that goes into it and that it will have been a moveable feast throughout the project life cycle. At this stage of the project probably even more so due to the looming deadline.

I was just pointing out that the reason why plans change, such as the seats, and that the construction sequence doesn't always seem to follow the most logical approach is in some instances down to delays.

I am still sceptical it will be finished by the end of the year but LoR appear confident so expect they will throw as much resource at it as possible to make sure they deliver on time,

Pandemonium? How so? In my experience it is really well marshalled at Aintree station. There are loads of extras trains with extra carriages. Copes with a huge crowd more than adequately. One road, one railway station. Sound familiar?

Last time I went it was well over an hrs wait for a train (Despite waiting in a lounge for a good while) and the roads were gridlocked for routes towards town... but most seemed to be heading to the motorway, many on coach trips. So not sure how it compares to our demographic.

Stopped at Titanic last year ,ground looked impressive then.I think Everton FC will be buying up a few industrial units and turn them into fan zones.Its going to be away fans favourite ground a bit like Fulham.