Would you like Graham Potter in to replace Dyche?

Would you be happy with Potter over Dyche?

• Potterball me up

Votes: 110 42.3%
  • I'll stick with Hoof n rush Dycheball

Votes: 72 27.7%
  • Kippers, poached eggs and toast (alright, with cheese).

Votes: 46 17.7%
  • Someone else (please name)

Votes: 32 12.3%

• Total voters
I mean, it's a small sample but Potter after Brighton has been a disaster. Brighton after Potter...not so much.

Poch has hardly done much better and he's far more experienced at top level. Chelsea are complete idiots with their own transfer policy.

Potter will do o.k at a club just out of the spotlight but with talented squad. Trouble is this club doesn't really qualify as that currently.

He has a worse winless run than Rafael and Lampard now and is it , if we don’t win one of the next two it’s the worst in our history.
Not a chance he survives , if we go down
If we go down, I'd say so. He may even leave.

However, I know I have repeated this a heap, but I think that if you look at the points accrued (without deduction) is superior to either Benitez or Lampard to this point of the season.

This winless spell is eroding the credits he's earned so far, but we also have Bournemouth, Burnley, Forest, Brentford Luton and Sheffield Utd to come so there is definitely opportunity to rectify the situation. If he can't stay up with that in the home stretch then absolutely, he should be replaced.

I must stress I'm not a fan of him as a long-term solution, but I think he has done a good job this year in spite of the circumstances.

We are definitely paying the price for sins of the past.

He took Bournemouth from 2nd bottom of league 2 to the Premier League.
‘Bounced around the bottom half of the Prem’? 😂. He was managing Bournemouth!! Pre takeover with 10k crowds, what do you want him to do, win the league!

And he took Newcastle from literally bottom to the Champions league in 18 months. I’m sure Dyche could do that 🤣.

9 of his squad v Chelsea the other night were bottom of the league with Bruce btw.

I don’t think you have a clue what you are talking about.
You'd get more logic and sense out of a garden plant, than you would that person mate. The phrase away with the fairies springs to mind here.

Whilst Goodison burns, Nero Moshiri fiddles.
The coaching merry go round will never work while we're under awful leadership. I'm not big on Dyche but I'm tired of the on field staff bearing the brunt of the changes when we see nothing change in the back rooms.

If we go down, I'd say so. He may even leave.

However, I know I have repeated this a heap, but I think that if you look at the points accrued (without deduction) is superior to either Benitez or Lampard to this point of the season.

This winless spell is eroding the credits he's earned so far, but we also have Bournemouth, Burnley, Forest, Brentford Luton and Sheffield Utd to come so there is definitely opportunity to rectify the situation. If he can't stay up with that in the home stretch then absolutely, he should be replaced.

I must stress I'm not a fan of him as a long-term solution, but I think he has done a good job this year in spite of the circumstances.

We are definitely paying the price for sins of the past.
He may leave 🤣 he will be sacked, so the worst run in our history is down to the sins of the past. Also his home form is worse than Lampard, so going of this season at goodison none of them games at gimmes.

We need to pray we score first in them

What agenda? if it's Dyche I didn't want to him here in the first place but we are in such a predicament I believe he will be here until the end of his contract as we actually can't afford to sack him.
If my agenda is not wanting Potter I actually would have rather seen him here than our 2 previous and current managers but that boat has sailed.
Don't think I've got mushroom for further comment tonight.🙂
Again This absolute nonsense that we can’t afford to sack him, so him and his 2 clueless sidekicks Would probably cost us 5mil in the summer to get rid. That’s the maximum imo. So this summer we can’t sign a single player, is what you and others are saying ???
So We can’t even afford 2 free transfers this summer and pay them 50k a week.

Again This absolute nonsense that we can’t afford to sack him, so him and his 2 clueless sidekicks Would probably cost us 5mil in the summer to get rid. That’s the maximum imo. So this summer we can’t sign a single player, is what you and others are saying ???
So We can’t even afford 2 free transfers this summer and pay them 50k a week.
A) do you have the specifics on Dyche and team's contract/severance package?
B) if don't we sack them we might still be able to afford the two 50k free transfers in your hypothetical scenario. However, this is speculation linked to the above and probably not a good example (cash might be freed by player sales, for example).

Apart from picking apart the above, you're probably right - no one is unsackable and if it looked like the financial hit was worth taking he'd be gone. But in plain old boring accounting terms, it probably doesn't much for the bottom line.

I might be wrong here, but I do wonder if Moshiri would have pulled the trigger already in a previous season where he was more involved.

A) do you have the specifics on Dyche and team's contract/severance package?
B) if don't we sack them we might still be able to afford the two 50k free transfers in your hypothetical scenario. However, this is speculation linked to the above and probably not a good example (cash might be freed by player sales, for example).

Apart from picking apart the above, you're probably right - no one is unsackable and if it looked like the financial hit was worth taking he'd be gone. But in plain old boring accounting terms, it probably doesn't much for the bottom line.

I might be wrong here, but I do wonder if Moshiri would have pulled the trigger already in a previous season where he was more involved.
100% he’d be gone if moshiri was more involved, maybe he’s not bothered as the price is already set with 777??? Though surely there be relegation clauses.

But just young, Gomes and dele going frees up probably 15mil add in reserve goalkeepers,
Maybe Coleman and you’re past 20mil saved in wages. There’s going to sales,
So paying off dyche wouldn’t be an issue Imo

A manager hasn't had success here (relatively) since Brown Shoes first year. Maybe you can argue Carlo was a success, but even under him we were playing dire football b/c of the players he had at his disposal.

Perhaps the manager is not a magic bullet to success, or failure. Surely our dire situation hasn't been the fault of ALL of our managers the past decade

There are definitely other common themes to why we are where we are.

Made even worse by our current financial situation.

A manager hasn't had success here (relatively) since Brown Shoes first year. Maybe you can argue Carlo was a success, but even under him we were playing dire football b/c of the players he had at his disposal.

Perhaps the manager is not a magic bullet to success, or failure. Surely our dire situation hasn't been the fault of ALL of our managers the past decade

There are definitely other common themes to why we are where we are.

Made even worse by our current financial situation.
I firmly believe we have appointed 3 very, very bad managers, which have only added to the issues.

Lampard is still out of work
The fat kopite has just been sacked for failing at another club
and then there is a Dyche, a serial loser.

I firmly believe we have appointed 3 very, very bad managers, which have only added to the issues.

Lampard is still out of work
The fat kopite has just been sacked for failing at another club
and then there is a Dyche, a serial loser.
Look I'm no fan of Dyche long term.

But given our current situation and the fact he has us comfortably mid table if not for the points deduction tells me he has at least stopped the rot that was going to take us down after Frank and Benitez.

No one wants him, and we shouldn't, once we become a normal club again.

However, we are not currently a normal club