2023/24 Sean Dyche

This is a microcosm of Moshiri’s time at the club. Everything is “exciting at the time”, until you realise later down the line how mind bogglingly stupid it was. Signing Gomes permanently was exciting at the time for a lot of people.
Waving cash around like a drunk sailor in a brothel got a lot of people very excited, full stop. Loads brought into the idea we were a big spending force.

Fans, board, managers alike.

As you say, what we did with that cash is horrifying.

Edit: I'd add agents to those who got very excited too.

Also, on the hype merchant front, exhibit A: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/29/roberto-martinez-farhad-moshiri-everton

….i find it strange when posters say, ‘Dyche holds players back’ or ‘he only picks his favourites’. There is no way he picks Young over Patterson because he’s an old teammate of his, just as there’s no chance when folk said he continues to pick Keane over Branthwaite because they were mates at Burnley.

Every fan will have their own selection differences but Dyche picks the players he thinks are best. It’s simple.

When Young was out Godfrey came in and kept his place. I don’t imagine Dyche is too enamoured with either, just as he’s not enamoured with Calvert-Lewin or Beto. I’m 100% sure he’d like Patterson to be the RB the team needs, but Dyche clearly doesn’t rate him.

Dyche would love Chemiti to be the answer to our impotent striking issues but Dyche clearly doesn’t think he is. There is no agenda at play, it’s just the opinion of the man who matters most (I expect it’s also the view of his 2 coaches). Personally, I’d like to see Dobbin used off the bench in the Doucoure role but Dyche isn’t seeing that and there’s not much I disagree with in his team selections.

….i find it strange when posters say, ‘Dyche holds players back’ or ‘he only picks his favourites’. There is no way he picks Young over Patterson because he’s an old teammate of his, just as there’s no chance when folk said he continues to pick Keane over Branthwaite because they were mates at Burnley.

Every fan will have their own selection differences but Dyche picks the players he thinks are best. It’s simple.

When Young was out Godfrey came in and kept his place. I don’t imagine Dyche is too enamoured with either, just as he’s not enamoured with Calvert-Lewin or Beto. I’m 100% sure he’d like Patterson to be the RB the team needs, but Dyche clearly doesn’t rate him.

Dyche would love Chemiti to be the answer to our impotent striking issues but Dyche clearly doesn’t think he is. There is no agenda at play, it’s just the opinion of the man who matters most (I expect it’s also the view of his 2 coaches). Personally, I’d like to see Dobbin used off the bench in the Doucoure role but Dyche isn’t seeing that and there’s not much I disagree with in his team selections.
Agreed, hes just a really, really bad manager.

Every player in the squad, bar Branners, has regressed badly under his coaching.

Agreed, hes just a really, really bad manager.

Every player in the squad, bar Branners, has regressed badly under his coaching.

….its easy to dismiss the turmoil going on within the club. It has to manifest itself in performance on the pitch. Nobody seems to factor that in, Dyche is managing a team under ridiculous pressure. A manager having to manage a team in this situation isn’t normal.

Mykolenko improved significantly before the deduction, McNeil was being lauded, Tarkowski has been terrific and Branthwaite has praised Dyche in recent days. Garner was introduced and established himself into the team.

I think many teams would’ve folded with the deduction. We’d got ourselves into a decent position, much improved compared to last season. I know most disagree but I think Dyche is doing a remarkable job to keep us in the game given the state of our club.

Last edited:

No he’s picking the players he thinks are the best defensively.

….its easy to dismiss the turmoil going on within the club. It has to manifest itself in performance on the pitch. Nobody seems to factor that in, Dyche is managing a team under ridiculous pressure. A manager having to manage a team in this situation isn’t normal.

Mykolenko improved significantly before the deduction, McNeil was being lauded, Tarkowski has been terrific and Branthwaite has praised Dyche in recent days. Garner was introduced and established himself into the team.

I think many teams would’ve folded with the deduction. We’d got ourselves into a decent position, much improved compared to last season. I know most disagree but I think Dyche is doing a remarkable job to keep us in the game given the state of our club.
Remarkable job 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 he’s potentially if we don’t win one of the next two. The worst manager in our history for a winless run

He is, and forever will be, the biggest hindrance to himself (and us by proxy) by being stubborn, overly defensive and by relying on old crap players because of imaginary experience.

Oh yeah also truly remarkable set of results here.
1711313579364.png

He is, and forever will be, the biggest hindrance to himself (and us by proxy) by being stubborn, overly defensive and by relying on old crap players because of imaginary experience.

View attachment 249909
You look at them tactics and up top it's 1+1 or a variation of it, so negative it's not surprising we don't score enough.

View attachment 249909
I think we all knew we won't win 7 of 11 like in the 11 ones before, maybe 2 games or 3 maximum, but we ended up 0, then no one can say he's doing a good job in the last 3 months. Because we didn't play City, Arsenal, Spurs, Utd, Liverpool 2x and Villa 1x.