2023/24 Sean Dyche

If he does a Moyes and leads us into the new stadium whilst giving us European football on a shoestring budget then most fans would presumably take that? We’d then be a far more attractive proposition to a different type of manager to take us forward from there. Managers now would take one look at this squad though and probably have a similar reaction to Bielsa.

Liverpool are going for a manager from Feyenoord. Spurs went for the Celtic manager. United went for a manager from the eredvisie. Arsenal for an ex player who had only been a number 2. Chelsea for Pochettino.

It’s not as though they’re hiring Zidane, Simeone, Inzaghi, Tuchel, Ancelotti is it? Even the top clubs in this country are struggling to get the candidates they want. The shortlist for Liverpool, one of the top teams in Europe read Amorim De Zerbi Slot.

There’s the odd exception like Villa who did brilliantly to get Emery but most of the managerial appointments in the pl aren’t enough to change the dial for clubs. Hasenhuttl Wagner Lage Nuno Lopetegui Silva Puel Frank etc. the list goes on of managers with good reputations who have come into the prem and ultimately either gone down or just maintained mid table for a period.

The only manager I have seen incrementally improve a bottom half pl team over time without a top squad already being in place (Emery) or buckets of money (Howe) is Moyes at Everton who took a relegation battling team and consolidated them as a top 7/8 team. Most others burn brightly and fizzle out or don’t even spark at all.

If Dyche can offer us improvement season on season then i say we keep that until he hits his ceiling. If we can get plus 50 points next season then we’re getting closer to the conversation. A bit of confidence, some new players, and without 10 point deduction hanging over us, why not?
I would take 40 points again next season unless we have a lot of money to spend in the summer to get 50 would be unbelievable if we're still signing frees loans and whatever players we can get on tick.

From being drubbed by chelsea to beating the RS and getting a greenday endorsement in 10 days.... that's a powerful tracksuit.
Credit where credit is due.
Still wouldnt mind a change in the summer but I could warm to tracksuit Dyche who makes the right calls.
A change is coming
Wall Street Westminster and Brussels all wearing trackies from now on

Enjoy digging at fans?

His critics have absolutely piled in on Dyche let’s have that straight. Even before he joined there were fans who didn’t want him. It’s been absolutely relentless all season, games when we played well but didn’t win early on he was getting slaughtered, games when we didn’t play well but did win he was slaughtered. The abuse he took after Luton Chelsea and in the midst of that winless run was something else. The amount of times I got tagged in posts after we’d lost asking me where ‘my’ messiah/manager/idol etc. had gone, and for what reason? because I had the temerity to think Dyche was doing a decent job under the circumstances he has been given?

So yeah considering his detractors have gleefully run amok calling him everything under the sun for months, I’m not particularly sorry for bigging him up and calling some of them out on a night when he’s just put in our best home derby performance for 14 years.

This forum makes it feel like an absolute crime at times to back Everton managers through periods of bad results. Dyche is no one’s dream long term manager but saying that the improvement from last season is noticeable and he might be our best option in current circumstances makes you a fan boy or acolyte? Ultimately the match going fans have stayed behind Dyche, and I’m certain if there was a survey of Everton fans more than most would be appreciative of the job Dyche has done.
You just seem a bit rattled for being called out as a hypocrite pal, no biggy, on forums people will critique good and bad and bad tends to attract more debate, it's the nature of forums. Don't mistake criticism as being unsupportive of Everton.

Dyche has done the job on the tin this season, avoiding relegation is what we all wanted first and foremost, let's not berate other supporters when we also look for a little more, fanciful as that may be.

Enjoy digging at fans?

His critics have absolutely piled in on Dyche let’s have that straight. Even before he joined there were fans who didn’t want him. It’s been absolutely relentless all season, games when we played well but didn’t win early on he was getting slaughtered, games when we didn’t play well but did win he was slaughtered. The abuse he took after Luton Chelsea and in the midst of that winless run was something else. The amount of times I got tagged in posts after we’d lost asking me where ‘my’ messiah/manager/idol etc. had gone, and for what reason? because I had the temerity to think Dyche was doing a decent job under the circumstances he has been given?

So yeah considering his detractors have gleefully run amok calling him everything under the sun for months, I’m not particularly sorry for bigging him up and calling some of them out on a night when he’s just put in our best home derby performance for 14 years.

This forum makes it feel like an absolute crime at times to back Everton managers through periods of bad results. Dyche is no one’s dream long term manager but saying that the improvement from last season is noticeable and he might be our best option in current circumstances makes you a fan boy or acolyte? Ultimately the match going fans have stayed behind Dyche, and I’m certain if there was a survey of Everton fans more than most would be appreciative of the job Dyche has done.
They may appreciate it but id guess over 50% would want him gone sooner
Rather than later, it’s easy after last nights result to think, oh that was good let’s give him a new deal or this is blue print moving forward. Ultimately this game takes care of itself from a fan point of view, we don’t moan at 20% possession and getting all our chances from set pieces, think the doucoure one early on was from open play,
Can’t think of many more

It would be the same v city, Arsenal and spurs, Man Utd, to a lesser extent.
But people and dyche couldn’t stop mentioning XG early this season. Last night it was 1.3 Everton 2.4 Liverpool v forest it was Everton 0.3 forest 0.9. It’s the games like forest we scored 2 long range goals,
But didn’t create much else,
Burnley v 10 men for 30mins we sat back and were thankful by a mistake and Newcastle coins have easily been a 4-0 game, before again we were gifted a pen to get a point, palace at goodison 6 weeks ago was a terrible performance. Im
Not convinced dyche will change whether we’re playing the top 2 or bottom 2 and we need to get the crowd on board at
Home amd go after The majority of teams.

But credit for last night to Dyche and keeping us up with a points deduction, but let’s not act we have a championship squad or one of the worst 3 squads in the prem, that I read on here constantly.

I’m just not a fan and don’t really want to watch this for another season.