2023/24 Sean Dyche

we
can secure ourselves sat got to!

We need to keep at it and on the players mate, they hit a standard last night and that needs to be maintained, its part of changing the culture at the club, we should want to be better then just survive, there are places and money to be achieved and made.

But its also what happens next mate - ive held a concern there is no one at the wheel of the administration of the club - DCL is entering the last year of his contract - whose looking at things like that - we have a few others too - it seems no one.

We also know we loose a lot of players this summer, whose being renewed, whose leaving and who do we have lined up, budgets etc - whose looking after that in the vacuum between Moshiri and 777 administrations.

Mark my words next year is going to be tougher and we need to be ready and do the best we can, because when you dont have the resources, you need to be clever. organised and quick of the mark.

Last edited:

Ultimately, he's only the latest symptom of a disease that's been killing the club for 30 years.

My preference would be for an amicable parting of ways in the summer, but I'm not sure that's even possible until the ownership issue is resolved. That won't change regardless of results on the pitch, good or bad.

Was going to say. He's done a more than acceptable job which means he's staying, so any discussion in terms of changing for next season is a waste of time. The best realistic hope is we avoid further deductions next year and can hopefully steer well clear of the bottom 3 sooner.

We need to keep at it and on the players mate, they hit a standard last night and that needs to be maintained, its part of changing the culture at the club, we should want to be better then just survive, there are places and money to be achieved and made.

But its also what happens next mate - ive held a concern there is no one at the wheel of the administration of the club - DCL is entering the last year of his contract - whose looking at things like that - we have a few others too - it seems no one.

We also know we loose a lot of players this summer, whose being renewed, whose leaving and who do we have line dup, budgets etc - whose looking after that in the vacuum between Moshiri and 777 administrations.

Mark my words next year is going to tougher and we need to be ready and do the best we can, because when dont have the resources, you need to be clever. organised and quick of the mark.

yep we have to now secure our status saturday and then all
the off the pitch stuff needs fixing

I think people find performances unacceptable when the reality is unless you're 1 of the few at the top you're gonna get your share of them

People were outraged when we didn't win our "must win" against Palace.... West ham were 4 down against Palace in 30 minutes. 6 nil against Chelsea. Chelsea got done 5 by arsenal. The majority of the league is like that. 15 teams are throwing in 5 absolute shockers every season... so unfortunately they are pretty normal rather than unacceptable

the inspiration of the track suit

soccer-barclays-premier-league-everton-v-4012373.jpg.webp

don't like him and still think we need to get rid in the summer, but he has to be given credit for getting it right.

If we could play some better football, have more fight, then i don't mind giving him next season.

Cant go on another 15 winless run though, hes lucky.

But spot on against Liverpool, nothing but credit for him for that one.

the inspiration of the track suit

soccer-barclays-premier-league-everton-v-4012373.jpg.webp

If he does a Moyes and leads us into the new stadium whilst giving us European football on a shoestring budget then most fans would presumably take that? We’d then be a far more attractive proposition to a different type of manager to take us forward from there. Managers now would take one look at this squad though and probably have a similar reaction to Bielsa.

Liverpool are going for a manager from Feyenoord. Spurs went for the Celtic manager. United went for a manager from the eredvisie. Arsenal for an ex player who had only been a number 2. Chelsea for Pochettino.

It’s not as though they’re hiring Zidane, Simeone, Inzaghi, Tuchel, Ancelotti is it? Even the top clubs in this country are struggling to get the candidates they want. The shortlist for Liverpool, one of the top teams in Europe read Amorim De Zerbi Slot.

There’s the odd exception like Villa who did brilliantly to get Emery but most of the managerial appointments in the pl aren’t enough to change the dial for clubs. Hasenhuttl Wagner Lage Nuno Lopetegui Silva Puel Frank etc. the list goes on of managers with good reputations who have come into the prem and ultimately either gone down or just maintained mid table for a period.

The only manager I have seen incrementally improve a bottom half pl team over time without a top squad already being in place (Emery) or buckets of money (Howe) is Moyes at Everton who took a relegation battling team and consolidated them as a top 7/8 team. Most others burn brightly and fizzle out or don’t even spark at all.

If Dyche can offer us improvement season on season then i say we keep that until he hits his ceiling. If we can get plus 50 points next season then we’re getting closer to the conversation. A bit of confidence, some new players, and without 10 point deduction hanging over us, why not?