2023/24 Sean Dyche

Do you think he'd even heard of Chermiti?

We were trying to sign Gnonto/Gyokeres but we didn't have a pot to piss in. Would we have been happy with them?

He'll have involvement but it's the DOF who is ultimately responsible.

I don't think Dyche has heard of a footballer outside of England tbh.

he will have sign off though to an extent.

I really dont want him to turn us into a Stoke / Burnley team.

I agree with this sort of opinion.

I think if you look at it from a point of view from what Everton will do though! (whoever's in charge) They aint paying to get rid of a manager who just won a derby!
Plus he could realistically get another 9 points between now and the end of the season, which would be 50 points without deductions!

In our current state, he's pretty much unteachable!

I don't think its about changing or not changing opinions. I think it's just being able to accept both sides of it. He's done an objectively good job in the most ridiculously challenging circumstances. He also has severe, infuriating limitations which means he's not someone we will likely progress beyond 12th/13th with.
Ultimately, he's only the latest symptom of a disease that's been killing the club for 30 years.

My preference would be for an amicable parting of ways in the summer, but I'm not sure that's even possible until the ownership issue is resolved. That won't change regardless of results on the pitch, good or bad.

Why have I seen mini documentaries about De Zerbi, and see him refusing to rule out leaving Brighton in summer, rumours of Barcelona interest.

Lose tonight and he has won 3 more points than Dyche, despite all these amazing players the Brighton recruitment machine have provided for him.

All it takes is an exotic name and an unusually shaped head and the media lap it up.

I don't see the problem with keeping him, but sacking him or offering a new contract makes no sense. It would be refreshing to let him see his contract out, and then bring in the replacement.
I agree with this, overall I think he has done enough to justify leading us into another season, especially when the off-field situation means it will likely be another difficult, battling one. Nor is there any need / hurry to extend his contract. For once it's fine to just do nothing and see how things pan out next season.

Don’t under estimate the difference that win can make to the club’s long term mentality as well. All this ‘you haven’t won a derby since…’ is gone now with recent wins at Anfield and Goodison. Every single Sky strap line before the next derbies has gone. The pressure on Everton teams due to not winning has lifted. It’s a huge win with huge benefits.

Why have I seen mini documentaries about De Zerbi, and see him refusing to rule out leaving Brighton in summer, rumours of Barcelona interest.

Lose tonight and he has won 3 more points than Dyche, despite all these amazing players the Brighton recruitment machine have provided for him.

All it takes is an exotic name and an unusually shaped head and the media lap it up.
As much as I agree and I don't think RDZ is suited to Brighton 100% they have suffered with key injuries at times this season, it's led to inconsistencies with results that in the past haven't been there.

I think we are far from crystallised on the season, there are still games to play and points to be won.

We need to keep at it, the good thing about last night, for the first time probably since early season we can play without pressure, uncertainty and the impact of each's spectre.

We need to keep at it, part of the job of work here, isn't doing a victory lap and then downing tools, the mentality and culture needs to be consistent and driven, they will be on their holidays soon enough.

There are places in the table to be fought for and points to be won, the need to keep at it needs to be drilled in, dont let up on the players for a second.

Secondly id be looking at what happens next - if i was Sean id be rattling the club, we need to make decisions on some contracts of particular attention is DCL.

Looking forward has to start now and there is more work to be done in this season.

Enjoy last night, but we have to be back at it too, no victory laps or drop off.

I don't see the problem with keeping him, but sacking him or offering a new contract makes no sense. It would be refreshing to let him see his contract out, and then bring in the replacement.
I understand that , but we would have to spend limited funds on reinforcing his ‘style?’ of play.
I’d prefer us to make a fresh start next season, with a clear direction and for that direction not to be signposted ‘Despair via Dycheball ‘

I think we are far from crystallised on the season, there are still games to play and points to be won.

We need to keep at it, the good thing about last night, for the first time probably since early season we can play without pressure, uncertainty and the impact of each's spectre.

We need to keep at it, part of the job of work here, isn't doing a victory lap and then downing tools, the mentality and culture needs to be consistent and driven, they will be on their holidays soon enough.

There are places in the table to be fought for and points to be won, the need to keep at it needs to be drilled in, dont let up on the players for a second.

Secondly id be looking at what happens next - if i was Sean id be rattling the club, we need to make decisions on some contracts of particular attention is DCL.

Looking forward has to start now and there is more work to be done in this season.

Enjoy last night, but we have to be back at it too, no victory laps or drop off.

we
can secure ourselves sat got to!

Enjoy digging at fans?

His critics have absolutely piled in on Dyche let’s have that straight. Even before he joined there were fans who didn’t want him. It’s been absolutely relentless all season, games when we played well but didn’t win early on he was getting slaughtered, games when we didn’t play well but did win he was slaughtered. The abuse he took after Luton Chelsea and in the midst of that winless run was something else. The amount of times I got tagged in posts after we’d lost asking me where ‘my’ messiah/manager/idol etc. had gone, and for what reason? because I had the temerity to think Dyche was doing a decent job under the circumstances he has been given?

So yeah considering his detractors have gleefully run amok calling him everything under the sun for months, I’m not particularly sorry for bigging him up and calling some of them out on a night when he’s just put in our best home derby performance for 14 years.

This forum makes it feel like an absolute crime at times to back Everton managers through periods of bad results. Dyche is no one’s dream long term manager but saying that the improvement from last season is noticeable and he might be our best option in current circumstances makes you a fan boy or acolyte? Ultimately the match going fans have stayed behind Dyche, and I’m certain if there was a survey of Everton fans more than most would be appreciative of the job Dyche has done.
Good post this, even before the win against Forest and the 3 points last night, the reality was that we were better off points wise than last season at the same stage, moreover there's been 3 or 4 draws/losses that we should easily of won but for woeful finishing. Ignoring the points deduction, before the forest win there were 5 teams worse than us.

He's made many mistakes for sure, most recently the clanger at Chelsea, but let's have it right, this is the highest profile most pressurised job he's ever had, managing burnley and Watford didn't prepare him for here, hes on a learning curve. All said and done he is streets ahead of Frank and Rafael

I think the club has been going backwards for years and we needed to stop that before we can really start going in the right direction. Its baby steps at the moment we all want us to wave a magic wand and become good straight away but its not likely and Dyche seems like a good fit for a club just trying to right itself. Unless the ownership and financial situation changes massively in the summer I would take another season like this one next year and then hopefully we will be in a better position to try and move forwards.