6 + 2 Point Deductions

They want balanced books over a specific accounting period which Forest intentionally ignored.

Do you think we would have had that accepted if we hadn't sold Richarlison and gone over the limit by even more? I don't for a second.

Get in the bin with this utter bollocks.

The rules are to ensure clubs aren't losing more than a given amount of money over rolling three year periods. In order to comply you would have had to sell him within that established time period. You chose not to.

How far down the line from the accounting cut off do Forest fans consider fair? If you could wait until next year and he adds 20 mil to his value should that count against the previous years accounts? Obviously it shouldn't and that's as nonsensical as the arguments over the Johnson sale.

The time for solidarity was when we needed a hand, you've been treated with kid gloves by comparison to us so don't look for any comradery from me. I'd bet not a single one of you forest fans lost any sleep over our first deduction. I'm not losing any over yours.
So it's not about sustainability then.. more about the 6 being able to harvest other sides best players on the cheap because compliance must be adhered to..... we may see that we need 30 million to comply this June.. oh oh here comes Liverpool with a 30 million bid for Braithwaite on the 30th of June and they have just snagged one of England's top prospects for a 60% discount because Everton need to comply, could have had 70 million 2 days later without these rules in place..But the PL insist we take the lower amount, sustainability my arse. It’s BS and anyone arguing for it needs to lay off the crack.

It says we are now a bottom half team so sad this once great club of ours
HE says we are bottom half, despite none of the data he uses supporting his comment.
On recent form he’s not wrong, but the whole point of his article is overall placing based on historic data.
Besides he supports Spurs and historically their fan base are gang of ill informed dangers with an unfounded superiority complex.

dear-premier-league.gif

If Forest hadnt appealed i think we may have been successful on a double jeopardy defence for this 2nd charge.

Reading between the lines, that would mean the league could wrap everything up without going post season.

But with Forest appealing it could go either way. The logic says that we get 0-3pts and forest go from 4pts up to 6pts.
Forest won`t go up whereas we will get more points deducted. I think we got another 4 coming...

From the Everton and Forest notes it will be 3 for a significant breach, plus a point for second successive breach. Could be even more.

Forest are arguing they were only in breach for 2 months, That`s like saying, I know I was caught speeding at 100 mph but further back along the road I was doing the speed limit. No idea what the grounds are....

Their unique argument is a load of tosh, many other clubs have come up without parachute payments and stayed up. They gambled on 42 players and being able to sell a few to stay compliant and they knowingly breached all the whilst they had an offer for Brennan Johnson.

They breached on purpose through buying players, we breached on accounting technicalities yet ours is worse somehow, PL is corrupt to the core.

We should want as many clubs kicking up a fuss as possible.

Of course we want Everton to "win", but if we can see Forest bloody their nose as well, well im all for that.

If we go down this season, im sorry to say, but we will have nobody to blame but ourselves.

We had 38 games to not get relegated.
If we didn't have the points deduction then relegation wouldn't really be a consideration this season.

Of course the mess we are in is the fault of the club, but it isn't the number of points we win that will relegate us but the number of points deducted.

yeah. they effectively said - 'we don't think that the squad who got us promoted were good enough, so we deliberatley flouted the rules in order to buy better players' (effectively stopping other clubs who didn't breach the rules from buying those same players). 'Then we knew we could sell Johnson and still stay within the rules but didn't want to.......so we didn't'. They should be f*****d! The rues are the rules. It's easy to follow them when it has little to no negative affect on you, the acid test is - do you 'stay legal' when it would benefit you more not to?

Forest also won 4 points in that time, with Johnson scoring and assisting.
I am surprised they have appealed , it is hard to argue they didn't get an advantage having Brennan Johnson in the team. They got a huge fee for the player which would suggest he was their best player/most valuable asset then you would think that having your best player in the team gives you an advantage.

They argue that they were non compliant for only 2 months but is there a set time that you are allowed not to be compliant?
We would have been relatively happy with only a four point deduction, they should be as well.

yeah. they effectively said - 'we don't think that the squad who got us promoted were good enough, so we deliberatley flouted the rules in order to buy better players' (effectively stopping other clubs who didn't breach the rules from buying those same players). 'Then we knew we could sell Johnson and still stay within the rules but didn't want to.......so we didn't'. They should be f*****d! The rues are the rules. It's easy to follow them when it has little to no negative affect on you, the acid test is - do you 'stay legal' when it would benefit you more not to?
If they get points off I think a lot of teams will feel they`ve got carte blanche for £35m overspend, if they sell a player after the deadline, to get 2 deducted if they comply.

This is the last season under this set of rules, we are led to believe, so next season will be the hearings for the 2024 breaches which hopefully we will not be part of but I can see Chelsea being next down the track. Rumour is they need £100m-£200m clear profit that is why they are looking to sell academy players like Gallagher and Broja.

They`d never make any profit on the players they have bought in the last 10 years because they have been bought for stupid money, I think they could be in trouble and make ours and Forest breach look like small change.

Didn't they have James Garner when they got promoted and chose not to buy him?

Instead spent £30+ mill on Gibbs White which was double Garner's fee