2023/24 Sean Dyche

You can hate Masters and the PL and also thing Evertons manager isnt up to scratch. You can do both at the same time.

Dyche did really well when we got the points deduction.
He's good at man motivation, backs against the wall stuff. He's had tons of experience with that.
Hopefully it keeps us safe.
My fear is that there's zero future in that for us.
He'll stay till the summer
then the best we can look forward to next season is a 13th place finish playing turgid football.
I get why people think he deserves a shot at that but I just want to enjoy watching Everton again.

Also, he's had a really tough season, but weirdly, he's also been given the run of the place and let get on with it. He has no chairman or owner breathing down his neck which all the recent managers had.

It is like the abortion debate….one can be anti abortion but accept it is a woman’s right to choose.

They are not mutually exclusive.

Same with Dyche.

One can, quite reasonably and indeed correctly, be of the opinion he was dealt a horrendous hand at a basket case of a club but can also be off the opinion he is not a very good manager.

That is where I stand on both issues, Ruari 😊

It is like the abortion debate….one can be anti abortion but accept it is a woman’s right to choose.

They are not mutually exclusive.

Same with Dyche.

One can, quite reasonably and indeed correctly, be of the opinion he was dealt a horrendous hand at a basket case of a club but can also be off the opinion he is not a very good manager.

That is where I stand on both issues, Ruari 😊
hehe, never a dull moment K. lol

Not winning for so long isn’t good enough and if it carries on for much longer hes going to have to go but I agree with people saying some people aren’t giving enough credit for the season overall. I was convinced we were going down without a points deduction so IF (and it’s a big if) he keeps us up with one then he has done a good job overall I can’t really even respect any other opinion than that to be honest. Even in terms of the future things aren’t suddenly going to be sunshine and rainbows whoever the manager is it’s total pie in the sky that we replace dyche in the summer and become a great team playing good football and finishing in the top half we’re a total basket case like it or not staying afloat is all the club is trying to do for now.

Not winning for so long isn’t good enough and if it carries on for much longer hes going to have to go but I agree with people saying some people aren’t giving enough credit for the season overall. I was convinced we were going down without a points deduction so IF (and it’s a big if) he keeps us up with one then he has done a good job overall I can’t really even respect any other opinion than that to be honest. Even in terms of the future things aren’t suddenly going to be sunshine and rainbows whoever the manager is it’s total pie in the sky that we replace dyche in the summer and become a great team playing good football and finishing in the top half we’re a total basket case like it or not staying afloat is all the club is trying to do for now.
With truly awful teams Burnley, Luton and Sheffield United in the league.. 17th does not = good job

With truly awful teams Burnley, Luton and Sheffield United in the league.. 17th does not = good job
I think it does. Good doesn’t mean amazing or incredible or best ever it just means good. If he keeps us up with a points deduction and all the stuff around it then he’s done a good job the squad is really bad and any signings he’s made have had to be based on them being available at no immediate cost. He’s not a genius or the best manager we could possibly have and I have no attachment to him at all but nobody objective could say he’s done a good job if he keeps us up.

Confirmed in the press conference that he assaulted Patterson in Portugal. Then placed the blame on the young lad - disgraceful.

'He didn't get the joke'published at 13:56
13:56​

Bournemouth v Everton (Sat, 15:00 GMT)

3ffa07e7-6fd4-4d11-98ff-844af0294305.jpg
Everton

Everton boss Sean Dyche on reports he struck defender Nathan Patterson on their warm weather training camp:
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. Nothing in it really, I tapped him on the head like an older brother would and he didn't get the joke. It's really that simple."

'He didn't get the joke'published at 13:56
13:56​

Bournemouth v Everton (Sat, 15:00 GMT)

3ffa07e7-6fd4-4d11-98ff-844af0294305.jpg
Everton

Everton boss Sean Dyche on reports he struck defender Nathan Patterson on their warm weather training camp:
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. Nothing in it really, I tapped him on the head like an older brother would and he didn't get the joke. It's really that simple."
I generally defend Dyche but pretty poor from him to come out with that