2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Has had an awful season, but we need every player now, we will be going to war.

Unfortunately Neil he doesn't seem to have the fire in his belly for a battle. Him, Mcneil and Harrison are a huge part of the problem. In fact they're the main problem.

I haven't mentioned Doucoure as part of the problem as I feel it's unfair to blame someone for our style of football as the fella can't actually play football.

….finishing like Nat Lofthouse in the training clips but seems to be going through the motions on the pitch. Not playing on the front foot, sometimes a player needs to force himself out of a spell like his. A shadow of his former self.

Thats exactly what he's doing isnt eggs, going through the motions. Look at Betos goal, all down to at least challenging for (let's be honest) another dreadful hopeful, lofted ball into the box

Constantly on the back foot. Gomes played a lovely clipped ball over the top yesterday, had a bit of back spin on it like a Wedge shot. DCL was 4 yds short of it because he didn't react at all.

This isn't just a lack of chances, he's not doing anywhere near enough as the main striker if Everton Football Club and he's a massive reason we are where we are.

Sometimes you needs your strikers to make their own luck, make a goal for themselves out of nothing

….finishing like Nat Lofthouse in the training clips but seems to be going through the motions on the pitch. Not playing on the front foot, sometimes a player needs to force himself out of a spell like his. A shadow of his former self.
The whole team was devoid of pace & ideas - DCL IMO I felt sorry for led the line with very little support - evn had to come out to the wing at times needed support Beto instead of Decouree would have been nice it was his work on the wing that led to our equaliser... - our wingers were pathetic yesterday too ....

I'm going to come across like an old man here but there's no motivation for them to be the best version of themselves.

What's DCL wage, let's say 75k per week. He's doing what most people do, turning up doing a job of sorts and clocking off.

If there was a way to motivate the modern footballer then it would likely be via their pockets although most are already made for life by mid 20s as middle of the road EPL striker.

He's not being helped by morose tactics to be fair. Lumping a hopeful Pickford/Tarky front to back and abject crosses from wide can't help his cause.

I'm a big fan/supporter, but sometimes you just have to be honest and accept He's maybe not all that ! (In a better side he'd be a 15 a season player easy)

I'm going to come across like an old man here but there's no motivation for them to be the best version of themselves.

What's DCL wage, let's say 75k per week. He's doing what most people do, turning up doing a job of sorts and clocking off.

If there was a way to motivate the modern footballer then it would likely be via their pockets although most are already made for life by mid 20s as middle of the road EPL striker.

He's not being helped by morose tactics to be fair. Lumping a hopeful Pickford/Tarky front to back and abject crosses from wide can't help his cause.

I'm a big fan/supporter, but sometimes you just have to be honest and accept He's maybe not all that ! (In a better side he'd be a 15 a season player easy)
Our wage bill is atrociously high, It's not just DCL who is on good money ....

We play so many aimless long balls we might as well have two big lads up top, one of those balls has a 50% more chance of hitting one of them. As others have said something has to change and maybe it's time to play our wingers as wingbacks so we can play three in midfield.
I look at most other teams and they have some invention, we have none, our football is so one paced and boring to watch, we've become the School of Slumber.

Unfortunately Neil he doesn't seem to have the fire in his belly for a battle. Him, Mcneil and Harrison are a huge part of the problem. In fact they're the main problem.

I haven't mentioned Doucoure as part of the problem as I feel it's unfair to blame someone for our style of football as the fella can't actually play football.

Thats fair, though hes never been very prolific anyway.

Agree all good honest players, but as replacements for Richarlsion and Gordon, its reductive and here we are.

I was wondering yesterday that maybe he has something lined up for the summer, hes playing that way like hes minding himself.

We had 11 yesterday
Difficult to argue with that.

My points just from yesterday, non exhaustive and from a Guiness addled memory !

- Can't retain the ball (with purpose)
- Devoid of creativity
- No pace, literally none
- Can't cross, won't cross
- Long ball, no retention (see first point)
- No balance, two left footed wingers 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
- Lack confidence
- Below average football IQ

I could go on. Just frustrates me now. So joyless watching us these days. Never anything to gey excited about.