2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

And a reverse snobbery about Calvert-Lewin as if he was some footballing thoroughbred by comparison. Why? Because he looks the part? He's an utter liability this season and he is a huge reason why we are careening toward the Championship.

I think some feel backed into a corner now just defending him because they've set their stool out.
He's always been average. He had a 3 month spell 4 years ago that he's still living off. I thought about 5 years ago he could be a half decent centre forward with his size and physical presence. But he isnt anywhere near hungry enough to go along with his all round flaws. He's not a natural finisher. He never ever creates chances for himself. His shooting is tame and weak. He scuffs the ball far to many times in front of goal.
He's an average striker going through a disaster of a season. 10 goals in 3 years. 7 from open play. In 60 games.
Thats shocking.

I think some feel backed into a corner now just defending him because they've set their stool out.
He's always been average. He had a 3 month spell 4 years ago that he's still living off. I thought about 5 years ago he could be a half decent centre forward with his size and physical presence. But he isnt anywhere near hungry enough to go along with his all round flaws. He's not a natural finisher. He never ever creates chances for himself. His shooting is tame and weak. He scuffs the ball far to many times in front of goal.
He's an average striker going through a disaster of a season. 10 goals in 3 years. 7 from open play. In 60 games.
Thats shocking.
You react. 👍

Ahh ok, truly didn't think VAR reviewed it.
I understand that refs make mistakes, that's exactly what VAR was brought in for. It's unforgivable though that they still get these wrong with the technology available to them. Unless there is a requirement or request for them to be getting them wrong.

I have absolutely no doubt now that they're is dark forces at play in our sport. I don't think it's the PL, I don't think it's the top 6, but I do think it's the betting markets. The foreign betting markets are so large that it has almost become inconceivable that they don't have a say.

Yeah it's kind of weird to me how Dom's was supposedly nailed on, when Branthwaite pulled a guy's shirt then put his arms around him from behind and it was also not given.

It's down to those blue tinted specs mate that our fans wear. Bournemouth fans we're saying every time one of our players got touched they went down as if they had been shot etc. Fans of the team they support will always see it as they've been hard done by.