6 + 2 Point Deductions

Remember this ? :mad:

It has also been a year in which much work has been done to improve our commercial performance and to maximise the opportunities that will be presented by Everton Stadium. We have strengthened our International and Partnerships teams significantly, adding senior staff with expertise and experience from top-level European football clubs, F1, the Football Association and a broad range of sporting and international business sectors.

The commercial team has also delivered a Club-record main partner agreement with Stake.com and brought on board the likes of BOXT, Christopher Ward, Marc Darcy, Vera Clinic and Fancurve, while also extending and enhancing some of our existing partnership agreements. I am also pleased to be able to tell you that two incoming partners related to our new stadium project will be confirmed in the coming weeks, further evidencing the scale of work being undertaken and the game-changing nature of having such an iconic new stadium to call home.

Alongside this commercial growth, steps have been taken to review and analyse financial structures across the Club to ensure we remain financially prudent, channel our spending in the most effective and impactful ways and, ultimately, ensure we are adopting best practice to deliver vital long-term stability.

All this managed to get her £3m payout for being utterly incompetent.

It's not another potential breach, there's potential for the breach to be £22 million instead of £16 million.
So, does it really matter from a points deduction perspective if it was £22 million or £16 million? Recall that Forest's 34 and our original 19.5 seemed to both be regarded by the Forest IC as in the "significant" band, whatever that is, so wouldn't 22 and 16 be in the same band? So logically (yes I know...), it would not result in any further point deduction...

If we got this capitalisation of interest into our statutory accounts, surely disputing it will mean going up against an audit opinion? Which would be a very large can of worms.

Got to appeal this one and try to get it reduced or suspended, then if this extra bit gets punished, it will be minor. Be tough to claim we’ve sought to mislead when we have just treated the interest as per our audited financial statements?
I agree with this comment. They are effectively calling in to question the work of the auditors. If they signed off on the accounts that should be sufficient for the commission!

I hope City win everything because that is what the likes of Liverpool and United utterly deserve. These rules were put in place to serve Arsenal, United, and Liverpool. As we are impotent with rage, all we can hope for is the schadenfreude of City winning everything.
‘Impotent with rage’… Perfect summation of our general sentiment at the moment mate.

Its a disgrace, I thought we were going to get 4 though so 2 is better than I thought. We are going to appeal it, still ahead of Luton and Forest with a game in hand. If we stay ahead of the two of them we will be fine. Not fair by any stretch of the imagination. Also not fair on the manager and players. Without this nonsense, we would be on 35 points and basically safe, because of the low totals of the teams in the bottom 6.

I still feel if we get 3 wins from the remaining 7 games we will be safe. Even if we only get 2 wins we could be safe, but we would be dependent on Forest and Luton's results
We might still end up with 4

As I see it they've only done half of the punishment because for some reason, they didn't/couldn't/wouldn't look at the accounts in full so we've been hit with 3 points for a breach with 1 point taken off for good behaviour (even though Forest got 2) and they're going to look at the accounts in depth (why they haven't done this before going to a commission is beyond me) and calculate how much over we actually are and sting us with more points

It's just incompetence and malice from all around to drag it out like this and give different punishments to different clubs

We might still end up with 4

As I see it they've only done half of the punishment because for some reason, they didn't/couldn't/wouldn't look at the accounts in full so we've been hit with 3 points for a breach with 1 point taken off for good behaviour (even though Forest got 2) and they're going to look at the accounts in depth (why they haven't done this before going to a commission is beyond me) and calculate how much over we actually are and sting us with more points

It's just incompetence and malice from all around to drag it out like this and give different punishments to different clubs

we won’t end up with 4

That, plus the evidence that the PL didn't want the punishment reduced due to us pleading guilt, but DID want Forest's punishment to be reduced for (almost) the same reason.
It's not just a farce. It's a disgrace.
On the negative side, doesn’t that mean that many of our grounds for appeal have gone???

Remember this ? :mad:

It has also been a year in which much work has been done to improve our commercial performance and to maximise the opportunities that will be presented by Everton Stadium. We have strengthened our International and Partnerships teams significantly, adding senior staff with expertise and experience from top-level European football clubs, F1, the Football Association and a broad range of sporting and international business sectors.

The commercial team has also delivered a Club-record main partner agreement with Stake.com and brought on board the likes of BOXT, Christopher Ward, Marc Darcy, Vera Clinic and Fancurve, while also extending and enhancing some of our existing partnership agreements. I am also pleased to be able to tell you that two incoming partners related to our new stadium project will be confirmed in the coming weeks, further evidencing the scale of work being undertaken and the game-changing nature of having such an iconic new stadium to call home.

Alongside this commercial growth, steps have been taken to review and analyse financial structures across the Club to ensure we remain financially prudent, channel our spending in the most effective and impactful ways and, ultimately, ensure we are adopting best practice to deliver vital long-term stability.

Absolutely diabolical CEO. Promoted way beyond her ability.

But Bill reckoned other clubs were jealous because they had ‘the closest relationship in football’