2023/24 Sean Dyche

Hmm, lets see, I used the players who made the most appearances under Sam.

Pickford
Kenny - Keane - Williams - Baines
Gana
Snides - Davies
Number 10
Rooney - DCL
Martina, Jags, Niasse, Holgate, Lennon, Vlasic, Bolassie, Klaasen, Lookman.

Thats basically the "squad" Big Sam got 8th with.

Not really seeing a vastly better squad there personally.
How did we avoid relegation with those players ?

That is just categorically incorrect mate. He was bang average ability wise but he put a shift in and offered genuine pace out wide.

Young is 13 million years old and his biggest contribution has been to give the ref an earful to win us a penalty.
He didn’t. He was crocked like young is. He was brought in to sit in front of the full back and defend.

And “putting a shift in” as justification for a player is a large reason we have ended up with so many garbage players who can’t pass a ball.

Hmm, lets see, I used the players who made the most appearances under Sam.

Pickford
Kenny - Keane - Williams - Baines
Gana
Snides - Davies
Number 10
Rooney - DCL
Martina, Jags, Niasse, Holgate, Lennon, Vlasic, Bolassie, Klaasen, Lookman.

Thats basically the "squad" Big Sam got 8th with.

Not really seeing a vastly better squad there personally.
Gonna say better squad for aladyce. Walcott available too
Genuine goal scorers in Sig, Rooney, Walcott, even Baines.
Tosun was Beto level. Gana then was better than gana now.

Two centre backs are the only stronger players available.

Gonna say better squad for aladyce. Walcott available too
Genuine goal scorers in Sig, Rooney, Walcott, even Baines.
Tosun was Beto level. Gana then was better than gana now.

Two centre backs are the only stronger players available.
No problem with people saying its better, but I personally wouldnt say vastly better, when you consider Big Sam got it to 8th.

The Defence is certainly better now, midfield? Number 10 and Rooney would certainly improve our current attack tho for sure.

We have a better defence now which shows with our record this season but any of Baines, Sig or Rooney would be easily our most creative player
Also, Walcott and Lennon are miles better than our wingers, even at their ages
Also Gana seven years younger was top class
Baines was injured a lot that year and was in his final stage as a player where he did not resemble the Baines that was of exceptional quality that defined the majority of his career. We actually had cuco Martina play who was a right fullback fill in for Baines when he was out, while we had Antoine Robinson who actually became a solid player out on loan

Have to say I'm disappointed in Dyche. I thought he would develop his tactics. It's been too one dimensional. Hoof ball and cross insallah seems we could do a lot better with the squad we have got.
Offensively, I think yes we could be better. Ultimately, this overcautious pragmatic and mostly ugly Dycheball could help us stay in the league when the goal difference matters. The table is a bit distorted with the points deduction.Some other managers would have win some of these 13 games without a win as well-

I would like us rather to have on 42-52 than 32-42, but not on a -20/-25 scoring more goals as it would be with Bielsa most likely.