2023/24 Sean Dyche

All he does is shut up shop, 1-0 up v 10 men Burnley we sat back. 1-0 v 10 men Brighton we sat back and lost a goal.

Ok we don’t park the bus all game, but we will have 7 players constantly behind the ball. Ok so at times they push up a bit, but they hold their position, we basically attack with 3 or 4 players and is it any wonder we create nothing from open play or score goals. We must average 35% possession across the season.
Spot on and the rare moments we do get a break away there's no one else in the box and the attacks gets quickly snuffed out

What I find truly hilarious is that dyche prides himself as a defensive minded manager and we get thumped 6-0 to a team that drew to both burnley and sheffield in the past few weeks
Fancies himself as a good manager that's funnier. Got all the swimmy badges out on post match interview, 500 games as manager, 300 in PL. No mention of win percentages funnily enough. Lots of the usual drivel though, hard yards etc. Think he might want to consider the hardest yards were those undertaken by the away support who went and witnessed that rubbish.

The defence is doing OK this season but suspect this is more a consequence of the best three players in the team being the keeper and both CB than anything SD has done 'on the grass'.

What I find truly hilarious is that dyche prides himself as a defensive minded manager and we get thumped 6-0 to a team that drew to both burnley and sheffield in the past few weeks
It's just completely asinine the more I think about it.

ANY Premier League coach with a brain should know that against this Poch Chelsea side you set up to contain them first and foremost, then use your own pace to hit their back line when the ball is turned over.

Both Sheff Utd & Burnley did this to positive effect... but us? na, let's just play straight into their hands on their own turf.. 🤦‍♂️

One of the reasons our players look slow especially our midfield is coz they are stood still when they receive the ball. They are never moving forward onto a pass. Thats when they actually receive a pass. They mostly see the ball getting launched over their heads 50 yards ahead of them. We could have a midfield all as fast as usain bolt and they still wouldnt get there in time.

I firmly believe that our first 13/14 players are a lower-mid table outfit. The one time we've looked like that, or better, was immediately post-(first) deduction when, increasingly, it seems like the players had a fire under them because of the injustice more than anything Dyche did.

I can't think of a single player he has improved, but there are multiple who have gone downhill under his management. None of our attackers can score; after 32 games it ceases to be bad luck, or one of those things; Garner looked decent when he first got into the team and now he looks like he's scared of footballs; Onana looks so disinterested it is upsetting, though I'll be fair to Dyche and say that could just be because he is dreaming of that filthy Geordie lucre in the summer. I couldn't really tell you what Patterson and Danjuma look like as players, because they have been reduced to helpless spectators by the well-intentioned, but clearly (to most people) well-past it Ashley Young, and pretty much any warm body Dyche can shoehorn in at RB.

He hasn't made us hard to beat, defensively sound or any of those cliche things.

He's a garbage manager who punched above his weight for a time with a club who suited him down to the ground and had generally quite low expectations. I know we won't bin him before the end of the season, but I detest the guy at this stage and can only hope that the same galaxy brains who thought he would bring the aforementioned qualities, don't buy into him being the right man to bring us back up because he "knows the Championship", etc.

Their seemed to be a section of the fanbase on social media who were convinced he was a better manager than he actually was, i've got no idea why tbh. All the evidence before he joined pointed towards him being a tactically inept, one trick pony manager who chats absolute 💩 , think he's proved he's exactly that during his tenure here.

I firmly believe that our first 13/14 players are a lower-mid table outfit. The one time we've looked like that, or better, was immediately post-(first) deduction when, increasingly, it seems like the players had a fire under them because of the injustice more than anything Dyche did.

I can't think of a single player he has improved, but there are multiple who have gone downhill under his management. None of our attackers can score; after 32 games it ceases to be bad luck, or one of those things; Garner looked decent when he first got into the team and now he looks like he's scared of footballs; Onana looks so disinterested it is upsetting, though I'll be fair to Dyche and say that could just be because he is dreaming of that filthy Geordie lucre in the summer. I couldn't really tell you what Patterson and Danjuma look like as players, because they have been reduced to helpless spectators by the well-intentioned, but clearly (to most people) well-past it Ashley Young, and pretty much any warm body Dyche can shoehorn in at RB.

He hasn't made us hard to beat, defensively sound or any of those cliche things.

He's a garbage manager who punched above his weight for a time with a club who suited him down to the ground and had generally quite low expectations. I know we won't bin him before the end of the season, but I detest the guy at this stage and can only hope that the same galaxy brains who thought he would bring the aforementioned qualities, don't buy into him being the right man to bring us back up because he "knows the Championship", etc.

he won’t bring us back up

nobody will

Dyche Walker lashing the younger players under the bus isn’t a good sign.

He could have picked on any of that starting 11 last night, and he sets them up ffs.

Zero accountability all feels very senor pig man.

Imagine thinking he’d ever name drop Coleman, Young, “Tarky”, Keane or any of his other mates if there is any. Horrible fella and a bully.

Their seemed to be a section of the fanbase on social media who were convinced he was a better manager than he actually was, i've got no idea why tbh. All the evidence before he joined pointed towards him being a tactically inept, one trick pony manager who chats absolute 💩 , think he's proved he's exactly that during his tenure here.

That's the xG Spreadsheet rubes for you.

Which is what every team does nowadays - last night even more so as Dyche clearly didn't expect one of the paciest teams in the league to use their pace and we sat high for no reason.

It's also quite easy to go through a static midfield - @nsno-chris I believe shared the average positions in the match thread - it was more or less everyone pushed up and stacked in the middle, which is apparently how you stop pacey players.
This one
IMG_3062.jpeg