Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest - Pre-Match Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have to all find it in ourselves to get to the ground, March, sing, bring flares, sing some more, we just have to.

I know we are all sick of it, but we have shown it works. We need it again now more than ever. Baring the derby we need everyone turning up to the other winnable games and getting behind the team. It’s as simple as that.
Exactly this, just because your bird has started getting saggy front and rear, you can stop caring. You have to turn up with some tickets to a show, a booking at a nice restaurant, and mr Bumble standing to attention to let her see that you still care. And hope, against all the ofda, that the flabby old boot sorts herself out and goes back to the Pilates classes.

So, suck your bellies in, comb your hair over the bald patch, put on your Tanga briefs and squeeze back into those strides that haven't fitted you for seven years, we’re off on the lash with a promise at the end of it ;)

This argument has been why we've gotten 1 purely accidental win since December - not even about aesthetics, we don't look like we're capable of a win at all.

I was told by nearly everyone on here that Lampard was poor so he needed the fans to do his job for him, then Dyche needed it, now Dyche needs it again, yet one was horrid and the other is still here with excuses being made for him.
To be fair to him, he's earned enough points on the pitch to stay up. It's hard to fault him for the eight-point albatross around his neck.

A touch over a point a game still isn't acceptable, but it's an improvement. I don't know whether removing him from the picture would improve the situation, but it's something that has to be considered if we don't come away from this one with three points. Nothing we've seen in the last two months suggests we will, and I think most clubs in the league would have made a change after Monday's shelling.

Apathy… acceptance… resentment. I’ve experienced all of these within our fan base over the past few weeks. Currently, the fight just ain’t there.
Think we have all be battered with missery for seasons, put top hat on it early hours Tuesday morning seeing my lad come home from Chelsea destroyed. He got up couple hours later for work.. just don't deserve the support they get feeling like everyone has had enough sad times.

Apathy… acceptance… resentment. I’ve experienced all of these within our fan base over the past few weeks. Currently, the fight just ain’t there.

No good when you run a fan site!

"What do you mean you dont want an Everton jigsaw?...."

I had an email campaign drafted and ready to go in December to send when we next won. By the time we beat Burnley, I'd forgot about it lol

Fun facts from the BBC Sport website. The third one is shocking.

• Of the 17 sides to have been in the Premier League since the start of last season, Everton have won the fewest home games (10), earned the fewest home points (37), lost the most home games (17) and scored the fewest home goals (32).

• And of those 17 sides, Forest have won the fewest away games (three), earned the fewest away points (18), lost the most away games (23), scored the fewest away goals (28) and conceded the most away goals (77).

• The Blues have conceded 48 league goals this season, having shipped 66 in 2021-22 and 57 last term. They last conceded 50 or more in three consecutive 38-game campaigns between 1907-08 and 1909- 10.

• Including penalties, the Reds have scored both the joint fewest goals (six) and the lowest percentage of goals (14%) from set-pieces this season. Meanwhile, they have also conceded the most goals (25) and the highest percentage of goals (43%) from set-pieces in 2023-24.

One of the biggest matches in our club's illustrious history.

Everything is rising on our home games now. Everything. Including possibly even our magnificent new stadium on the docks.

I really am glad that my beloved dad is not alive to see how low we have stooped as a club but I just hope we don't stoop even lower and go off into the oblivion of the lower leagues.
I know that there were a lot of fans of other clubs who wanted us to get relegated, in fact thought we deserved nothing less, during the last three seasons. I wonder what the overall opinions are now, considering the points deduction fiasco?

• Including penalties, the Reds have scored both the joint fewest goals (six) and the lowest percentage of goals (14%) from set-pieces this season. Meanwhile, they have also conceded the most goals (25) and the highest percentage of goals (43%) from set-pieces in 2023-24.
You'll still have blues filled with rage when we try to target them at set pieces.

Regarding the fan debate. Up until a few weeks ago, I was very much in the "we have one job, get behind them!" camp. When we were deducted points, it was us against the world. We went on a great run and it truly felt like we were all in it together.

Fast forward and the disconnect is huge. I genuinely detest the majority of the players. Dyche is rightly getting pelters, but the only players receiving any stick are the ones fans hate (E.G. Young) when the majority of them don't look the least bit interested. Even Tarks, who I thought was an old school leader. He's laughing after every mistake. I'll get behind them in the ground, because it's useless to make it tense/silent. But I'm done with them.

They don't care about us. Let's stay up and clear out the lot. A complete rebuild from top to bottom.

Iñ ok kkni kk kk kkm ok I do it I'll m book m Inn ooñkn
Booked a birthday meal for the missus weeks back for this date, seems like a decision of Nostradamus proof predictions now!

Will my Lad be able to keep his phone off, will I?

Will my lad keep his cool or will we get barred from the restaurant as he either;

A) drowns a waitress in gravy after we go 2-0 down
B)Litter the place with a foul mouthed tirade of his faux angry scouse superlatives

Or

C) Streak starters while waving his sprouts and "pig in blanket" in some kopite biffs face after we go 4 up

?
Answers on a postcard

*whatever the outcome my good lady and scouser/football hating Manc father In law will platitude away with "it's only a game!"

Such fun, see ya on the other side Blues.

UTFT 💙
It's the derby on Mrs TT's birthday. As I'm currently in the US that means a 3pm kick off. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I'll have to have a word with Richard Masters over the evening's arrangements (here, not in Blighty - Richard, as I've explained many times, is my stepson) because I might end up overdosing myself on CBD oil, be wearing a kaftan with UTFT! emblazoned on it and am calling everyone 'man' or 'baby'