2023/24 Sean Dyche

We will beat Forest. I will remind you again of the 2024 year. Stop your panicking lol we got 1st win in 4months, just over a week ago, yet they have barely gained any points over us, the lot of them

In 2024 - We are literally only one point worst off than others.. The way some are acting you would think they all had double the amount of points we have gained - we have also lost the least of of these teams

Forest 2 wins in 13 - 10 points those 13 games
Luton 2 wins in 14 - 10 points in 14 games
Everton 1 win in 12 - 9 points those 12 games
Burnley 1 win in 13 - 9 points those 13 games
Sheff Utd 1 win in 12 - 7 points those 12 games

vaulted !

His answer to the question about the FA Cup changes there just sums up modern footy in general - literally only seeing it from the perspective of the Prem clubs. Expected better of him tbh.

Why did you? He would do away with cup competitions altogether if he had his way, it’s not like he has any ambitions to ever win one in his career. Finishing 17th every year is his idea of success.

Like i said, the manner of that game doesnt effect this game. does that defeat auto mean we lose this weekend, like many are carrying on ? We may lose, we may not lose, we will see. You obviously dont think we will

And lets get it right, Chelsea are a billionaire squad, who are not doing as well as they should, but are still way better than us.
Price and quality don't always go hand in hand.

I mean, Everton have the 10th-highest wage bill in the league (20th in Europe), and yet the 6th-highest paid manager is free to go months on end without winning a game with them.

Saying that, I do still expect to stay up one more season, even though I doubt we'll win on Sunday.

Hi Toffees -

Genuinely quite shocked with Dyche y'know. I've been on here in the past singing his praise but it does seem like his success with us (Burnley) has really gotten to his head and he isn't the same bloke that he was sort of 2013-20 when he was really on it.

Quite a few Clarets have been saying the same and suggesting things started getting a bit stale at the Turf when he started to think that his sh*t didn't stink - sort of self-righteous attitude and what not.

His response to the FA Cup debacle supports that view - he thinks he's sort of 'above' the struggles of the clubs in the football league being an 'established' PL manager.

I thought a change of scenery and the pressures of the Everton job would've humbled him a bit but I'm not sure it has.
For sure he's got an extremely tough gig atm and from a neutrals stand point looks a complete mess (sorry to be harsh) but his self-belief and ideals are just showing as arrogance now.

I think given the circumstances of the points being taken off he did well to galavanise the squad and go on a run but this recent record is really turgid - doing what he did towards the end time of his Burnley career where he just continued to double down and get more and more 'back to basics' in his plight to keep the club up.

I do think the thing with Patto has probably been blown up but that's the sort of incident that just wouldn't have happened with Dyche sort of 4+ years ago.
Also, not sure how much has come out about the coach Steve Stone but it's pretty well documented that the general sort of mood of the camp at Burnley went south when he was brought up to replace Tony Loughlan. Think he's a bit of a bully.

Amongst mates we came to the conclusion that if Dyche wants to progress he needs to move independently and surround himself with different coaches that he hasn't worked with before, not with Woan, Stone & co and even do an Eddie Howe, taking time out to work on his craft and understanding of the game... Sadly I think Dyche thinks he's above that.

I do believe he can still be a great manager again and I do hope he can turn it round at Goodison and show the side of him that was so successful with us - just having some doubts about it now.

All the best again.