2023/24 Nathan Patterson

I'd sell him in the summer honestly, only 22 so still have some value but don't think he will ever be defensively solid enough no matter who the manager is.

I'd sell him in the summer honestly, only 22 so still have some value but don't think he will ever be defensively solid enough no matter who the manager is.
I mean Coleman's been getting progressively worse at defending and he was never anything above average but is hailed as a hero here because he now has a 2nd RB ahead of him anyway, masked as a "winger" - what's this argument for a 22 year old who can actually improve?

Wel be looking around the room for a right full come August mate, we needed to make the lad a live option come Aug, he needed a loan to develop, i could understand keeping him if he was going to play - but hes been sitting on his hands since Jan, now he could be gone until late summer. Was madness not loaning him out.

Ultimately what it means is now we have to use limited resources on a possibly starting right full, certainly one who can play games.
...always assuming he'd have been wiling to in a season when he had the Euros coming down the track. Not sure Clarke would have been too impressed.

He defo needs to be at that level though.

Who could’ve foreseen a player that’s had no meaningful minutes whatsoever this calendar year would get injured when thrown on at half time when 4-0 down. I am shook.
Why hasn't that happened to any of the others if its such an obvious thing though? Why didn't Michael Keane get injured when he's played a lot less? Why didn't Godfrey when he came in? There must be hundreds of players who don't play much for a couple of months for different reasons why don't they all get injured in their first game back?

I mean Coleman's been getting progressively worse at defending and he was never anything above average but is hailed as a hero here because he now has a 2nd RB ahead of him anyway, masked as a "winger" - what's this argument for a 22 year old who can actually improve?
Seamus Coleman was never anything above average, fair play to you sir. I don’t agree with people making idiots of themselves but I defend your right to do so.

Seamus Coleman was never anything above average, fair play to you sir. I don’t agree with people making idiots of themselves but I defend your right to do so.
In defense yes, absolutely - his strength was going forward. Pace helped him massively while defending, and he no longer has pace.

E: I've also said for about 15 years now that he cannot and never was able to consistently cross (or use his left foot) as it's mostly "head down, lump it in" and often overhit, but at least we don't have to see it anymore with Dyche hating overlaps and all.