2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Disagree.

Even in the severely limited run he's had in the side to date, he's clearly been the better option. Certainly has the highest ceiling either way..
When exactly though?

He does nothing. I'm not singling him out by the way, hardly anyone does anything for us currently but when he plays he is just "there".

Personally I would play him just because he has potential to grow unlike the others but he has in no way shape or form been clearly the better option. They are all pretty flawed.

He's 22 and has proven to be equal or slightly better than the 2 experienced players, and has potential.

Enough to bin him I guess.
I didn't say anything about binning him!

I don't think its unfair to say he needs to do more when he gets any chances though. Our full back options for a top flight club are an absolute joke.

He's playing how we are out of necessity/pragmatism. We don't have full backs who can attack.

Other than maybe Patterson, but % football, IMO, has dictated Dyche has not been willing to sacrifice stability at the back for full backs who can't cross a ball.

To be fair to Dyche he achieved this season's objective by way of points earned on the pitch.

But next step...

Don't score = don't win = relegation scrap. As per the last 3 seasons.

Our full backs are a bit problem - they also nullify our wingers. McNeil and Harrison would look loads better with full backs who can cross the half way line.

It's looking like Patterson has another sick note now anyway. He's been injured a fair bit it seems.
I see where you're coming from, but, to be fair, we could have prime Cafu in the squad and he wouldn't be able to attack in Dyche's system where full backs can never be more than 10 yards away from a centre back for more than 5 minutes a game. If Dyche isn't winning it is very difficult to put up with his system.