2023/24 Sean Dyche

Should keep the tracksuit on! 🤣

Had to do a double take when I saw him with it on. At first thought he was banned from the touchline and Stevie Stone was directing things instead.

It's strange as with his style he suits the rolled up sleeves, trackie bottoms looks but he's actually one of the better dressed managers in the league with them all having chinos/slacks on.

Did anyone ask him in the presser why he changed the look today?

I give him credit, considering the circumstances
but for every 'ugly win' there have been 1.5 ugly losses
Without the points deduction we are solidly 14th 4pts behind 15th
Is that really worth football we don't enjoy? Is that good for us now?
Think he probably deserves another shot next year if we stay up but we are looking a lot more like his Burnley lately and that can never end well

The problem is there’s a lot of fans who think it’s solidly 14th of an alternative of us playing progressive attacking football and being 7th in the league. Given what I’ve seen the past few years of the players in this squad, and the mess of a club behind them, I think it’s far more likely that it’s 14th, or the the alternative is certain relegation.

We don’t have a competent right back, we have 2 competent CBs in the squad with no pace to play anything but deep, no one at full back can pass a ball. We have no goals in midfield outside of Doucoure, but Docuoure can’t control or pass a ball. We’ve two slow wide players who don’t score many and they’re our best options, and we have strikers who are barely ever fit and miss sitters for fun.

If Dyche was playing this way with the 13/14 squad or some of Moyes’ top teams I’d take people’s point but these current players are terrible and under previous managers have thrown the towel in the second it suits them. For me Dyche is the perfect manager until the club sorts out the mess off the pitch and can start improving the squad.

If we sell Branthwaite or Onana in the summer and struggle to bring anyone in, do people really think without Dyche’s tactics we’d suddenly be playing ole football? No we’d most likely be going down.

Should keep the tracksuit on! 🤣

Had to do a double take when I saw him with it on. At first thought he was banned from the touchline and Stevie Stone was directing things instead.

It's strange as with his style he suits the rolled up sleeves, trackie bottoms looks but he's actually one of the better dressed managers in the league with them all having chinos/slacks on.

Did anyone ask him in the presser why he changed the look today?
It was camouflage in case we lost.

I've supported him but also been critical of him this year. I do think we probably need someone different and would like change in the summer. On the other side I genuinely do believe that he's pulling off one of the hardest jobs in football at the moment, we are terrible from top to bottom as a club, we've had some terrible managers who've gone on to do far better things after, at a certain point we have to admit that a certain part of it is us, not them.

I guarantee there's not a single manager in the world that could make this club a success, no doubt. However, I also think that there's probably not many that would've kept us safe this year given what we've gone through, Dyche has done that exactly. I think when the dust settles people will look back on him here it'll be very much like Allardyce, "really don't like him but can't argue that he's effective and good at what he does". At the end of the day if his job is to keep us in the league and he's doing it then that's just that isn't it.

The change of manager will happen with the stadium move imo.

Gives 777 a year to properly audit and assess things (and also hopefully show they're not a complete bunch of chancers).

Ultimately the best chance I'd say of remaining a premier league team to move into BMD is with Dyche remaining in charge. However be prepared for more frustrating team selections, reluctance to use subs and also a long winless run but ultimately that's par for the course for a bottom six team and I'm afraid that will remain the club's level for the next year or two.

One thing he is excellent at is the conditioning side. Basically the spine of the side has been available for the majority of games this season aside from Doucs. Can't say the same for most of the league and he's certainly sorted out DCL's fitness if not his goalscoring.

We'll see if the same happens next year though.

The problem is there’s a lot of fans who think it’s solidly 14th of an alternative of us playing progressive attacking football and being 7th in the league. Given what I’ve seen the past few years of the players in this squad, and the mess of a club behind them, I think it’s far more likely that it’s 14th, or the the alternative is certain relegation.

We don’t have a competent right back, we have 2 competent CBs in the squad with no pace to play anything but deep, no one at full back can pass a ball. We have no goals in midfield outside of Doucoure, but Docuoure can’t control or pass a ball. We’ve two slow wide players who don’t score many and they’re our best options, and we have strikers who are barely ever fit and miss sitters for fun.

If Dyche was playing this way with the 13/14 squad or some of Moyes’ top teams I’d take people’s point but these current players are terrible and under previous managers have thrown the towel in the second it suits them. For me Dyche is the perfect manager until the club sorts out the mess off the pitch and can start improving the squad.

If we sell Branthwaite or Onana in the summer and struggle to bring anyone in, do people really think without Dyche’s tactics we’d suddenly be playing ole football? No we’d most likely be going down.
You're making good points and I could easily be thinking the same thing tbh
Might well be in a few days
But that's the problem
We now believe it's horrible football and 14th or relegation if we try anything expansive and that's depressing
Under Dyche we will rarely blood young players, keep playing the likes of Young because he gets Dyche or something
Dom will win 40 headers a game without support and today we relied on two beauties that most weeks are in Row Z

Like I say, if he were dumped I'd tip my hat to him and wish him well but wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Look at Palace today and last week. There are managers out there worth a punt and they aren't all gung ho either

Come on home David.
IMG_5542.jpeg

If he keeps us in the league as we reduce our wage bill and we flush all our PS&R problems through with all points deductions incurred and we’re in the new stadium still as a Pl team then it’s an absolute hell of a job from the situation he walked into and what he had coming down the pipeline.

Keep us up against Leicester Leeds and Southampton please Sean despite being behind some of them and with horrible fixtures remaining, btw we’ve just sold your best attacking player and your only striker is once again out injured. Then if you do keep us up we’re selling Iwobi Gray and all the academy players, and you’re not getting any incomings until the end of the window plus your best wide player will be crocked for the start of the season. You’re then incurring an 8 point deduction for charges that aren’t your fault and we don’t have any money for January. Please keep us up again and btw whilst you do that there‘s no permanent CEO or board in place, there’s a takeover going on that no one knows when it will finish and when it likely does you’re probably going to get the boot. Delusional fans will complain for every minute of it as well even if you do somehow pull all this off. Fancy it Sean?