2023/24 Sean Dyche

I think it a hard season to quantify. Yes we had a terrible run after Christmas. A very mixed bag of performances. Pre Christmas it wasn’t just workrate the link between midfield and attack was much better and McNeil and Harrison were playing with much more confidence as was Calvert Lewin. I don’t think we can under estimate the effect the appeal process had on the whole club. The premier league left us hanging on that decision until mid February. It sucked the life out of me. I could feel it at the games more and I’m sure it has affected the playing and coaching staff too. I’m just hoping we can get over it over the line early and enjoy a break from the circus until August.

We would always go on a poor run of form. Every club does. More so as we're threadbare at points and a pretty poor side considering the last 2 seasons.

He's steered the ship and corrected it though. Which is what you want.

And also having the 4th best defence in the league is solid foundations to build from.

Actually mental when you look back and we had Richarlison, DCL (playing well), Gordon and Digne when Benitez came in and we struggled. Just shows what a poor manager he was.

Cant help but feel if Dyche had those available we'd be in a different position.

Iwobi walks into this team, thats crazy as well.

Think this will be the hardest summer since, well.. Last summer.

Everyone said the same about Vieira in his first season, and then he had them hurtling to relegation in his second. Glasner can’t become the exemplar just because he’s won two games in a row. The amount of times I’ve heard that about managers who are now fired or have relegated teams.

There’s been 10 wins in 33 games, is that not a win every now and then, it’s almost every 3 games. People have just been bent out of shape by the long winless run in the middle. If we’d won one in the middle of it and lost today then we’d be on the same number of points.

People just get so bizarrely bent out of shape by one off stats or results, the loss at home to Luton, the 6-0 to Chelsea, the winless run. Should just look at the overall season and put over the top outrage aside. It’s a better season than the last two seasons. Progress.
That's it pretty much. It's a small improvement in results which would normally mean we were safe with several games to go, unlike previous years.
Sadly, many didn't want him in the first place and the footy has been turgid for large parts. The points deductions put him under far more pressure, and the anger from the fan base has turned more towards the manager during the winless run.
Another points deduction next season will probably see us start on minus points which will heap pressure on him straight away, and if we don't get off to a flyer, which let's face it, is a strong possibility, then I suspect we'll be having the same conversations come late September. Let's just hope they can recruit a few players with a bit of pace and/or guile, who actually improve us, and are better than what we already have.

Actually mental when you look back and we had Richarlison, DCL (playing well), Gordon and Digne when Benitez came in and we struggled. Just shows what a poor manager he was.

Cant help but feel if Dyche had those available we'd be in a different position.

100% down to firepower. There's been about 5 or 6 games this season where we've been so wasteful.

We would always go on a poor run of form. Every club does. More so as we're threadbare at points and a pretty poor side considering the last 2 seasons.

He's steered the ship and corrected it though. Which is what you want.

And also having the 4th best defence in the league is solid foundations to build from.
A solid defence is his only plan. It’s plan A,B and C. Score first we have a chance. Concede first and we don’t

Doesn’t matter who comes up. If you’re getting 40 points in the PL you’re staying up majority of seasons, even 38 is probably doing it most years. Dyche gets that for me no question, especially with another year of bad players out hungrier players in. We can’t afford to sack the one manager who has improved the team year on year since Moyes.

If he takes us backwards next season then fair enough but what if we are safe in mid table, PS&R worries gone, a fit decent squad of players on cheaper wages who actually respect the manager and aren’t trying get him fired all the time. Is that not a better position to then move forward under a different manager in the future?
He won’t be here next season

Spot on. Iwobi especially would be absolutely massive in this team, huge engine, creative spark - would give us a totally different dimension; but Dyche had to sell because he was on mega money.

Reasons like this why I can forgive 1 win in 15 for Dyche but not for Lampard and Benitez, who had far better squads and haven't had to cut costs anywhere near as much as Dyche has (in terms of impact on the squad).

Spot on. Iwobi especially would be absolutely massive in this team, huge engine, creative spark - would give us a totally different dimension; but Dyche had to sell because he was on mega money.

Reasons like this why I can forgive 1 win in 15 for Dyche but not for Lampard and Benitez, who had far better squads and haven't had to cut costs anywhere near as much as Dyche has (in terms of impact on the squad).
Hahahaha i think I’d rather have this seasons attacking options than last

IMG_3089.jpeg

IMG_3088.jpeg

If he leaves before the end of his contract, it'll be mid-season during a crisis run of form.

This club didn't do long-term thinking even when there were actual people running it.

Gordon wouldn’t be thriving under dyche like he has under Howe and DCL and richarlison were both injured under Rafael, not sure how many games they played under him

The Iwobi point is well made and frightening.

To have picked up 38 points so far this season with this team/panel is more worthy of an investigation than any of the PSR ones.

Last season Lampard had Rondon his only for striker first 5 games,
Then he had maupay. I think DCL was available for 2 of the first 13, one being the 3-0 v palace, so you’re talking nonsense