2023/24 Sean Dyche

You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think anything else mate

The only transfers we could do last summer were ones which involved zero paid up front. We've got accounts released which say in black and white that there is a doubt as to our viability as a going concern. We are haemorrhaging money in interest payments and you genuinely think we are going to spend money sacking a manager at the moment because we might be able to get a better one?

Until there is a change in ownership and a restructuring of our debts and finances, we will not be sacking a manager who will keep us in the division. You can debate whether we should do or not for reasons about his competency on various issues, but the brass tax of it is that unless we look like we are going down (as happened under Lampard), they won't make a change because it's one we quite literally can't afford to make.
I’m living in cloud cuckoo land taking about this summer and the first thing you do is mention last summers transfers 🤣🤣🤣

We don’t know what is going to happen so you’re just guessing. I could say things like 777 come in, new board new sporting team,
Rumours of thelwell leaving. They turn their Loans into equity and maybe arrange new payment structures for the other loans. I’d imagine most prem clubs have loan repayments. Maybe we get better new sponsorship deals, maybe we do a stadium naming deal and then we bring in 150mil plus in sales and the wage bill drops.

You can’t run a football team by selling all your players and not replacing them. So money will be spent.

Christ I hope you're wrong mate. One way or another a massive rebuilding job has to begin in the summer, I really don't want Dyche involved in that, one can only imagine some of the aging 'bargains' he would want to bring in. I assume you were joking when you said 'Dyche is more likely to leave us to go to a better job' .
Whoever the manager is we will be signing frees and loans to try and stay in the division people need to get their heads round this.

You do remember don’t you that he’s dealing with an 8 point deduction this season. We’d be 13 points ahead of 17th with a game in hand without it, not even in the conversation for 18th even with our worst ever PL squad, quite literally dwarfing all three of these teams. Thats not even taking into account the points differential which might have occurred in both directions had we not been hit with 10 point deduction with a 2nd charge hanging over us. We might have played with some more confidence and Luton would have given up weeks ago with no hope.
Come on stop moving the goalposts.
This season squad is better than last season And this season it’s a weaker league, regarding the bottom 5/6

Come on stop moving the goalposts.
This season squad is better than last season And this season it’s a weaker league, regarding the bottom 5/6

We had Gordon Iwobi Gray last season in attack plus Mina in defence. I’m not moving the goal posts. Even if there’s a difference of opinion between last seasons squad and this what’s undeniable is this is one of our worst squads. Without the points deduction Dyche has us miles away from relegation.

Whoever the manager is we will be signing frees and loans to try and stay in the division people need to get their heads round this.
I bet you as much money as you want,
If we sell Branthwaite and Onana we
Will spend money. We may get a couple of loans and sign the odd free transfer, who aren’t free by the way. Big wages,
Big signing on fee,
Wouldn’t be a lot of difference signing a young player for 10/15mil

We had Gordon Iwobi Gray last season in attack plus Mina in defence. I’m not moving the goal posts. Even if there’s a difference of opinion between last seasons squad and this what’s undeniable is this is one of our worst squads. Without the points deduction Dyche has us miles away from relegation.
Iwobi, gray and Gordon had not scored 50 goals between them in over 400 games

Please stop acting like they were these creative marvels that were tearing teams apart

I bet you as much money as you want,
If we sell Branthwaite and Onana we
Will spend money. We may get a couple of loans and sign the odd free transfer, who aren’t free by the way. Big wages,
Big signing on fee,
Wouldn’t be a lot of difference signing a young player for 10/15mil
Everyone knows frees aren't free and I never said we wouldn't spend any money at all so i'm not sure what the point of that is supposed to be.

Mina Hardly played. Doucoure was out for the first half of the season. Gray is pants, Gordon had talent, but was young and has kicked on at Newcastle
McNeil and Harrison are terrible but both have more goals and assists this season than gray did last season. And the striker options aren’t even close,
Lampard was also playing holgate and Tom Davies and Rondon last season, because of injuries

The points deductions put massive pressure on the team and the manager. It definitely played a massive role in the dire winless run. Dyche is close to keeping us up again, but the style of football frustrates goodison which leads to us losing that much needed home atmosphere. I’m not sure of the options out there from a managerial perspective, and I think a different manager would complain and capitulate under the pressure, so fair play to Dyche. If he stays, he stays, but he needs to be supported with some reinforcements in the summer, with whatever money they can scrape together.

I'm not disputing that, it is the type of loans and fees that come in. We desperately need pace out wide and a bit of creativity. Now, if you are the manager of a top English or European club and you have a very promising young fringe player, would , you send them on loan to Dyche's Everton? I doubt if you would. Even if he could get a game under Dyche, which is debatable as he would be inexperienced, he would spend his game time watching the ball being hoofed down the channels or leathered towards Calvert Lewin.

The kind of signings we will get if Dyche is still here will be past their best journeymen looking for a last payday. We face a very difficult time financially and we need to make the best use of the loan market. The cold truth is that top clubs will be loth to send their best prospects out to learn their trade from Dyche, Stone and Woan.