2023/24 Sean Dyche

They did.

Silva, Big Sam and Koeman all have better records than your Messiah.

Weird how we still fired them all. Maybe it was because they had money to spend, better players, and were still taking us on a downwards trajectory.

Whereas Dyche kept us up and is on track to improve further, hence not getting fired.

But yeah it’s Dyche’s fault for not replicating Koeman’s record without Lukaku Stones Barkley and a 500 mill war chest.

This reposnse is ridiculous though. Im just an average Everton fan. Doesnt matter if I name 6 random managers, im not qualified to be making those decisions. As a professional club in a multibillion pound industry, you would expect us to employ some very qualified people whose actual job it is to make these decisions. Its their job to study, analyse data, gather information on professional managers with a view to future replacements.

Some absolute brainwashing going on with this club, having us believe that Dyche and his dinosaur football is the best we can achieve and we are lucky to have such a manager.

Look at what Moyes has done at West Ham and they are looking to move upwards from him. Yet you would have posters desperate to get him back too.
No one believes that.

Those of us who live in reality understand the limitations that currently dictate our situation and understand that someone of Dyche's skill set is the best fit for now. Horses for courses. How is this so difficult to understand for some???

The Kenwright goal of lowering expectations to the absolute floor has finally been achieved.
It's really quite incredible double think on the part of Dyche supporters to make the argument that we can't expect him to do any better than 17th while simultaneously saying without a points deduction were mid-table not far off Europe.
Which is it? Should we expect better next season because he's a good manager, or just be happy to survive because he isnt?
Quite the opposite really. We are in our current mess by chasing a make believe dream with no plan or foresight, wasting big money on crap players and changing managers every year.

Rubbish, they have Gibbs white who walks into our team. After that they Maybe 3 or 4 others who are pushing for a place. Even palace is 50/50. And considering they missed their 3/4 best players for a lot of the season, we should be looking above them which we would be without the deduction
Palace and forest would prob take branthwait and Pickford… they’d take their chance with the rest of their squad.
We have no one with the threat of eze, olise. Elanga, Hudson odoi, Chris wood is massively more dangerous than our front three.

Bielsa didn't want to come in halfway through a season, he wanted a full pre season first. He then suggested some bizarre scenario of coming in as an under 21 coach until the season finished.

Crux of it was he rocked up, said we're crap and there's no way he could keep this team in the Prem which had a torrid run of games coming up as there was no legs/pace;

skysports-everton-dyche-premier-league_6038394.jpg

Dyche, through his own admission got the job because of the desperate state we were in, and there wasn't anyone else.

There's a lot of truth still in that.

Quite the opposite really. We are in our current mess by chasing a make believe dream with no plan or foresight, wasting big money on crap players and changing managers every year.
Oh I don't disagree that changing managers has contributed to our current financial mess, but aside from maybe Silva I'd argue that all of them were sacked rightfully. (Ancelotti left on his own of course).
And chasing the make believe dream is what it's all about. If you don't want your club to try to win something, what's the point?

Would any other PL team at the moment swap their manager with Dyche? I honestly believe they wouldnt

I bet for all Burnleys struggles this season, even they wouldnt have him back.
I agree with this. By the same token I don’t think any premier league manager would swap their club for Everton at the minute.

Bielsa didn't want to come in halfway through a season, he wanted a full pre season first. He then suggested some bizarre scenario of coming in as an under 21 coach until the season finished.

He went a bit further than that. He said the first team squad at Everton were not suited to playing his football. I think that went under the radar a bit. I feel it was a polite way of saying to many crap players.
I dont think he was far wrong.

I agree with this. By the same token I don’t think any premier league manager would swap their club for Everton at the minute.
The question is would any smart manager pick Bournemouth, Palace or Brenford over Everton in 2024? I would so, never guess that would happen in 2019 and hope it won't be in 2029.