2023/24 Sean Dyche

Bielsa would have had us relegated by now. 100%. We do not have the players for him. Maybe he would be OK with some cash, but we have none. Thos squad with Bielsa, no pace, no abiltu to pass, no fight... total joke!. We would be having Chelsea results and masses more fume every week.
The fact Moshiri wanted Bielsa shows how utterly incompotent the guy is. We should be hounding him out of the club rather than giving stick to the manager and onfield players.
Hes probably lovihg it that people are getting on Dyches back, gives him another easy out when the pressure should be building on him to just FO.

As people have previously mentioned, Young is an old mate of Dyche and I have no doubt he demanded his signing. Thelwell should’ve told him to swivel I agree.
Demanding....im not sure Dyche came from a position of strength. Or maybe he did with no other person wanting to manage us.....Thelwell can just say NO. Thelwell 100% responsible for signings.

I did the maths, Moyes spent I think it was 13million NET over 11 years.

But to be fair it was a different world back then.

We paid 5m for Jags and Lescott, both of those would cost you 20m+ in this era.
Jagielka had a £4m release clause on relegation from Sheff U iirc.
Lescott he'd tried to sign beforehand but had copped a knee injury and it'd scared other suitors off. Think about £3.5mill.

Moyes was/is incredibly studious with signings, it was like the money was his own and was hell bent on getting value. Value he got over and over.

Bily was £9 mil , big money even Baines was big money at the time .
It's wrong of anyone to say Moyes had no money to spend.

They were good signings IMO.
I think at the time we were all pretty glad to see Moyes leave, so im not really trying to re-write history, but he not only bought well but he got the players playing for him and we did good things considering the point he took over.

Not great things, but we were pretty much we were are now and he took us to Wembley, European tours and gave us a reason to moan about finishing 7th.

I think at the time we were all pretty glad to see Moyes leave, so im not really trying to re-write history, but he not only bought well but he got the players playing for him and we did good things considering the point he took over.

Not great things, but we were pretty much we were are now and he took us to Wembley, European tours and gave us a reason to moan about finishing 7th.
It’s time to bring him back to sort out the mess given he looks to be leaving West Ham. Of all the people to manage in this situation, he is ideal.

I think our squad is better than the results Sean has achieved.

I wonder how things would have gone had he not got injured? He was a machine.

That’s what we are lacking up front, a bit of ruthlessness, a bit of class. Look at the goal he scored at Chelsea in the cup , smashed it in first time without giving their defence a chance to react. We really lack that kind of sharpness and split second thinking.

I’m tired of us going for the target man type, we need other options not just more of the same.