2023/24 Sean Dyche

You're making it sound like Dyche will be in charge of our tranfer policy. Isn't that Kevin Thelwell's job? He'll be here regardless of who the manager is next season. So if Thelwell is recruiting past their best players a new manager would have exactly the same problem.
What we need are young, pacy, hungry players from the lower leagues that can prove themselves at Everton's level. We need to unearth more players like Branthwaite what can do a job for us for a couple of seasons then help our financial situation when we sell them on for huge fees.
Thelwell may not be here this summer, he is out of contract himself in the summer.

Neither of those managers would entertain a club like us in our current position.

Lets look at the maths.

Cost of a relegation from the Premier League - say £80m just as a rough estimate.

If you owned the club, would you rather chance paying a unknown quantity from the mainland £4m a season and risk losing -£76m if he takes us down considering how poor our squad is.

Or do you pay Dyche £8m a season knowing that excess £72m from staying in the league is pretty much secure with knowing he's a much safer pair of hands.

And this is the problem, many of our fans on social media, they dont take the time to grasp an understanding of the clubs situation, its much easier to get their fix of dopamine by typing a few angry words and getting likes and retweets as a result of it. Some say these characters are twitter / forum fun boys, I would refer to them more as grifters tbh.
Why would they be an unknown quantity?
Are PL boards not allowed to watch foreign football?
Every club that has changed manager did their homework
Just because we have some weird history of deciding based on criteria such as:
1. Did they enjoy Kenwright regaling them with boys pen chat over a cup of tea?
2. Do they have a list of players?
3. Do they live in the area?
4. Were they once quality footballers and likeable?
5. Are they one of the most successful managers of all time that would likely leave?
6. Have they PL experience?
7. Did they get a lucky win against Man City in a final using :eek: Tactics?
8. Wait til there is a crisis to look for managers

There are a lot of other criteria to judge on if we bothered scouting around, and plenty capable managers that wouldn't cost 8mil per year

You are basing your 'maths' on the worst possible outcome as if Dyche were the only solution
I don't even know the name of the last manager we went down with because my parents weren't even born then
We should be doing more than surviving

Thelwell may not be here this summer, he is out of contract himself in the summer.
In that case, if he does go we need a new DoF that actually has the ability to recruit decent players at a very affordable price.

I'd actually be very happy if we don't pay over £10m for any new player for the next 3 or 4 tranfer windows.

Look at the players we've spent big money on in the last few years. How many of them have actually been worth it? Might as well take a risk on a £5m player rather than a £25m player.

In that case, if he does go we need a new DoF that actually has the ability to recruit decent players at a very affordable price.

I'd actually be very happy if we don't pay over £10m for any new player for the next 3 or 4 tranfer windows.

Look at the players we've spent big money on in the last few years. How many of them have actually been worth it? Might as well take a risk on a £5m player rather than a £25m player.
My thoughts exactly, which I'd be happier if Dyche went. He will not want young players on small fees in his team and I'm sure he has a huge say in who we sign. No point buying young players to develop when Dyche will give them about 30 minutes a season.

Demanding....im not sure Dyche came from a position of strength. Or maybe he did with no other person wanting to manage us.....Thelwell can just say NO. Thelwell 100% responsible for signings.
Dyche really isn't responsible for anything when it goes wrong is he? He didn't sign any of the players, thats Thelwell. He can't score the goals, oour forwards are just awful nothing to do with his tactics. He can't do the defending for them, Its individual mistakes, hes set us up well. etc.
It's just excuse after excuse after excuse.
Happy to take all the credit if something happens to work out though. Im sure hes been working with Gana doing shooting practice from outside the area. All part of his master plan. Typical narcissist behavior.

Oh yeah, agree regarding the points deduction... we had zero wiggle room the last couple of seasons this was the season to get them (not that we should, but that's a different conversation).

The point on the run of games... Yes it was a shocking run of form. The caveat being we played City and Spurs twice in that run and Man Utd away, I don't like talking about 'expected losses', but they are the kind of game where you would say getting anything from is a bonus, given where we're at. But, that doesn't excuse the lack of wins in that period.

Ultimately though, it doesn't matter if we'd won the first 10 games of the season and nothing since, or nicely spread the wins out every 3 games played... you still end up with the same number of points on the board, and that's what matters come the end of the season. I realise it's not that simple because of confidence of both players and crowd etc can be impacted by runs of form.
The programm in January was pretty tough, indeed.

I would say of these 13 games, 1 was must win on paper which was Palace, another one we should have won due to circumstances at Brighton. that we went the wrong way tactically in the last 10 min. Bmouth is debateable, but I think draw there. Wolves game was top 3 worst this season.

He saved his job for now due winning 2 very important survival games. He should have been sacked at Bournemouth latest if so, now I wouldn't see any sense for the remaining games. The question is when is the right moment of a change in 2024 or summer 2025, it looks more likely like summer 2025 to happen.

You're making it sound like Dyche will be in charge of our tranfer policy. Isn't that Kevin Thelwell's job? He'll be here regardless of who the manager is next season. So if Thelwell is recruiting past their best players a new manager would have exactly the same problem.
What we need are young, pacy, hungry players from the lower leagues that can prove themselves at Everton's level. We need to unearth more players like Branthwaite what can do a job for us for a couple of seasons then help our financial situation when we sell them on for huge fees.

Isn't Thelwell's contract up this summer? Or have I made that up...

This is perhaps the biggest issue, because of the botching of all of this, come the summer we will have no board to speak of, no DOF, and an absentee incompetent owner. You almost have to extend Thelwell another year and hope he agrees to it, otherwise whos going to be the one to talk a good DOF into it? Theres no one in charge of the whole place, much less someone competent.

Dyche really isn't responsible for anything when it goes wrong is he? He didn't sign any of the players, thats Thelwell. He can't score the goals, oour forwards are just awful nothing to do with his tactics. He can't do the defending for them, Its individual mistakes, hes set us up well. etc.
Happy to take all the credit if something happens to work out though. Im sure hes been working with Gana doing shooting practice from outside the area. All part of his master plan. Typical narcissist behavior.
I don't think it counts as narcissistic behaviour if its not your own behaviour at all and just words written on the internet by people who've never met you. In my opinion the manager will always be the one who carries the can at the end of the day so if results are bad the manager will be the one held responsible but obviously some of the things you're saying there can be true you can blame individual moments as well as accepting overall responsibility lies with the manager. Put simply you can think the manager has lots of room for improvement but also think he's done an OK job you don't have to be all in.

The programm in January was pretty tough, indeed.

I would say of these 13 games, 1 was must win on paper which was Palace, another one we should have won due to circumstances at Brighton. that we went the wrong way tactically in the last 10 min. Bmouth is debateable, but I think draw there. Wolves game was top 3 worst this season.

He saved his job for now due winning 2 very important survival games. He should have been sacked at Bournemouth latest if so, now I wouldn't see any sense for the remaining games. The question is when is the right moment of a change in 2024 or summer 2025, it looks more likely like summer 2025 to happen.

At that stage of the season, unless you're rock bottom of the league there are no 'must win' games... But I agree that was one where 3 points would have been a real boost.

Dyche is good at taking points off those in and around him... whether that was at Burnley or now with us. The problem is he takes relatively few off those further up the table... so if we don't regularly pick up those results then we'll end up in a world of trouble.

Why do you think Dyche is here? He sat unemployed for a year, the only job he was even rumoured to be linked to was Norwich and they went for David Wagner instead lol. Sean Dyche is on a total package of £8m here, that's absolutely ridiculous for a manager who has never graduated beyond the ABC of football, we could find a manager in League 1 who could do that and pay them £500k a year and save a fortune.

Q: What do Ange Postecoglu, Thomas Frank, David Moyes, Eddie Howe, Unai Emery, Marco Silva, Roberto De Zerbi, and Andoni Iraola all have in common?

A: They are all on less money than what Dyche is on.

I know things are a mess but we are not seeing £8m worth of manager on show here imo.
Dyche is here because our owners employed him after reviewing what was available. Their shortlist was him and Bielsa. Bielsa told us to poke it he didnt want the hassle and probably knew what he aould get at Everton. Is he to blame for negotiating a good salary, easy to negotiate when you are the only one in the running because the club is a chaotic mess....

Excuse after excuse for what....having us mid table when we have been relegation fodder for the past few seasons. No excuses needed for me fella hes doing OK.
The only person whon eeds hounding out of this club is the owner. Sooner all you deluded ones realise this the sooner we can get this club moving in the right direction again rather than the pointless never ending manager merrygoaround...

Thats the holy grail that every club is looking for...its an extremely competitive market and all clubs have scouts and wish lists.....and we compete against some who have massive never ending pots of money. 10 mil is nothing in this market, doesnt even get you a Beto or a Maupay......The players actually have to want to come aswell..
Good luck finding your holy grail DOF that can find us players who can perform at PL level for free and backfil the redundant youth system with emergent talent for free....
We are years away from where any of you lot think we should be at this moment.

At that stage of the season, unless you're rock bottom of the league there are no 'must win' games... But I agree that was one where 3 points would have been a real boost.

Dyche is good at taking points off those in and around him... whether that was at Burnley or now with us. The problem is he takes relatively few off those further up the table... so if we don't regularly pick up those results then we'll end up in a world of trouble.
It was important to win exactly these games, despite that still doesn't make 2 of 16 look very good. Losing vs them would be worse in our situation than against City or Liverpool, despite these would be prestigious, but worthless if you don't win the duty games.

Maybe yes, but I think we got like 20 points in 9 games against them, of course a loss against Luton is not satisfying. Still have 3 games left against bottom teams to make it like over 60% of the total points won against them. First duty is to win these games.

Burnley only lost 1 of the last 7, luckily here at Goodison, a loss of us would mean, 17th by 1 point above them and above Luton.