2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

I don't think teams better than us would be interested myself he's an average premier league full back and thats not a criticism not all of our players are average in their position but I don't think hes going to be on the list for many better teams than us.

I don't think so. He's a formidable defender and when he plays a different system for Ukraine you see how he can fit into an attacking system.

Hope I'm wrong and he has a stinker of a tournament, but if he doesn't he'll have his suitors. The right age for a move to an elite club too.

I don't think so. He's a formidable defender and when he plays a different system for Ukraine you see how he can fit into an attacking system.

Hope I'm wrong and he has a stinker of a tournament, but if he doesn't he'll have his suitors. The right age for a move to an elite club too.
I like him I think he's been very consistent this year but if we got offered 25 mil for him in our position i'd bite their hand off hes not at that level imo.

….i like him, I’ve always liked him but I never rated him. He’s significantly improved, I think lots is down to Branthwaite playing on that side of the pitch but he’s certainly progressed.

I read on here Mykolenko hasn’t a single assist to his name at Everton. Not sure if that’s true but I’d be amazed if a top club wanted him. If they do then he’s a replaceable asset.

Is he the most improved player of the last 2 seasons?

I must confess I doubted his ability. But I think I like him more than Digne now, even if he doesn't attack an awful lot.

Hopefully he has an average Euros and other clubs don't start sniffing round him.

I'm not sure he'll have any top 6 after him as he's not really a modern FB. Can't really come infield and link play in the midfield area like most of the top ones do.

However he can actually defend well one on one against fast wide players and not many FBs can do that these days. Can also get up and down and get crosses in so that's good enough for me. Would look better if the right hand side wasn't a reincarnation of the Dad's army set.

Vastly improved from even 12 months back.

Absolutely insane how he carried on after that injury. He then smashes one clear 3 minutes later and is in agony and is still running round.

I think if the physios had seen how much his ankle had twisted and the weight that was put on it when it twisted, there's no way they would have told him to carry on for another 8 minutes.

I don't see an elite club coming in for him personally. He can do a job for a Europe-chasing team (Newcastle, Villa, etc.), but I wouldn't expect the same calibre of club* that Branthwaite is attracting interest from to be interested in him.

*Man Utd being some kind of weird exception where they seem to be aiming/expecting to sign Branthwaite, but are just part of the chasing pack now.

I don't see an elite club coming in for him personally. He can do a job for a Europe-chasing team (Newcastle, Villa, etc.), but I wouldn't expect the same calibre of club that Branthwait is attracting interest from to be interested in him.
We'll see what happens in the Euros. That's my point. If he underlines another dimension to his game in terms of playing higher up the pitch joining in attacks - which Ive seen him do for Ukraine before - then his excellent defensive work at Everton this season and half of last will have suitors looking for his signature.

Admittedly he has to have a very good Euros for that, but he's a good age and he's capable of stepping up this summer.

We'll see what happens in the Euros. That's my point. If he underlines another dimension to his game in terms of playing higher up the pitch joining in attacks - which Ive seen him do for Ukraine before - then his excellent defensive work at Everton this season and half of last will have suitors looking for his signature.

Admittedly he has to have a very good Euros for that, but he's a good age and he's capable of stepping up this summer.
Statistically one of the top defensive full backs in the top 5 leagues and UCL/UEL.

I think he can offer more going forwards but we are a very defensive minded team currently, but he still has as many goals as Onana, Gueye and 1 more than Garner.

Statistically one of the top defensive full backs in the top 5 leagues and UCL/UEL.

I think he can offer more going forwards but we are a very defensive minded team currently, but he still has as many goals as Onana, Gueye and 1 more than Garner.

All the attention has been on Branthwaite and Mykolenko's progress has largely gone under the radar.

We'll be doing well this summer to keep hold of both.

Absolutely insane how he carried on after that injury. He then smashes one clear 3 minutes later and is in agony and is still running round.

I think if the physios had seen how much his ankle had twisted and the weight that was put on it when it twisted, there's no way they would have told him to carry on for another 8 minutes.

At the time you could clearly read our Physio telling Vitalii, that the ankle looked fine and to just carry on....it was then Vitalii, pointed to the other ankle.

and hopefully some nice wedge with which to use to replace at a cheaper price, since thats where we are these days....

but i like him... good, honest pro...