Relegation 23/24 Thread

Goodison should be rocking after the other night. Putting city rivalry aside... the RS are a brilliant side. This is the best RS side I've seen during the PL years and Klopp is easily their best ever manager. And we dominated them, just as we dominated Newcastle and Chelsea at home.

Keep the bulk of this squad together and make a few additions... and we might finally be able to put these relegation battles behind us and move on to bigger and better things from our new waterfront home.

But it's a case of one step at a time. And first we as a club must ensure our survival with a positive result this Saturday.

Goodison should be rocking after the other night. Putting city rivalry aside... the RS are a brilliant side. This is the best RS side I've seen during the PL years and Klopp is easily their best ever manager. And we dominated them, just as we dominated Newcastle and Chelsea at home.

Keep the bulk of this squad together and make a few additions... and we might finally be able to put these relegation battles behind us and move on to bigger and better things from our new waterfront home.

But it's a case of one step at a time. And first we as a club must ensure our survival with a positive result this Saturday.
Sorry to break it to you but we will almost certainly have to sell any sellable assets when the window opens and won’t be able to fully invest the proceeds. It is going to be another fight for survival next season

Not a chance that's their best side. It's not even close to ones they have had.
Yeah I agree, they've got talented players of course but that midfield looks a bit unbalanced and lightweight and the defence, especially VVD, look a bit creaky. Ironically, they are probably the team that could really use Onana and Branthwaite if they go but let's hopefully rule that out.

To be fair to them (if I must), they've surprised me to be up there this season, still a transitional side and on paper not the strength and depth City and Arsenal have. With Klopp off and Salah possibly leaving I think they'll struggle to challenge next year.

….after it all being about us, it’s great seeing posters have a preference to who goes down :celebrate:

Personally, there’s only one club I’d ever wish relegation on. If I had a choice, I’m more of a mind asking which team is most likely to finish below us next season.

….after it all being about us, it’s great seeing posters have a preference to who goes down :celebrate:

Personally, there’s only one club I’d ever wish relegation on. If I had a choice, I’m more of a mind in asking which team is most likely to finish below us next season.

To be fair, I don't think I could ever truly wish relegation on someone after the past few years

Since Martinez's second season there's probably be 4-6 seasons where I've been genuinely worried that it might happen and it's been absolute hell each time. I don't want anyone to feel what I've been feeling, regardless of the team they support

I just hope that we get a win tomorrow and can take a breather from it for the rest of the season

If Dyche can get 40ish points again next season and we don't get hammered with points deductions, then I'll be a happy camper

Na I want Luton gone... especially how verbal their board member Gary Sweet has been about how lenient our apparent deductions have been.... I'll bask in their relegation.
I don’t love either club or set of fans and from an Everton perspective it’s probably better if Forest go down.

But on principle….i hope the teams that amass the least points on the field go down. If Luton end up ahead of Forest on their “natural” tallies then fair play they’ve earned it but I don’t want to see it decided by the deductions, whether that’s ours or Forest’s.

I think the consequences for Forest of relegation could be pretty grave, and from their reaction to their defeat at Goodison I think they know it. When you’re talking about the whole future of a club being threatened, potential job losses etc, as a result of “sustainability” rules something’s gone wrong. The punishment far, far exceeds the crime and the purpose of the rules.