Relegation 23/24 Thread

I didn’t want to start another thread but thought it was sharing…. 😂😂😂

1714057160144.png

They don't care. It has been a nice adventure and they are going down with a squad good enough to challenge.

They almost went out of business and are using the season to bank £100m, which pays for most of their new stadium.

When you've been down to the 5th tier and had 30 points deducted in a single season losing games is not a worry.
Exactly this, they anticipated going right back down before the season started. They made no investment in the squad and just banked the money, which to be fair isnt a bad practice. If hard to just come up and immediately compete so why not go up, bank the money, go back down, then retool with the extra funds to make a better bid in a year or two?

We're in a good position thanks to those two wins and, as Tyler famously said whilst doing comms for the Wimbledon game, we "can see salvation"

However, we're not quite over the line yet, so it's reasonable not to let some complacency creep in just because we think we're safe

We need bear pit Goodison once again on Saturday, and for Sheffield United too

It can all be mathematically done and dusted by close of business on Saturday if Luton lose and we pick up the win

Let's focus on doing everything we can do as a fan base to get the players over the line and not start acting like we've already done it

I know some on here are just desperate to be too cool for school and have a pop at folks who aren't as 100% as bullish as they are about the relegation situation, but there's nothing wrong with taking a more sober view on this issue

It's perfectly possible to be both reasonably confident of us finishing the job whilst still also being a bit pensive because we know it isn't over yet and that there's still a little bit of a push needed
I know the very idea of nuance is baffling to some of you, but can you at least effing TRY?

We're in a good position thanks to those two wins and, as Tyler famously said whilst doing comms for the Wimbledon game, we "can see salvation"

However, we're not quite over the line yet, so it's reasonable not to let some complacency creep in just because we think we're safe

We need bear pit Goodison once again on Saturday, and for Sheffield United too

It can all be mathematically done and dusted by close of business on Saturday if Luton lose and we pick up the win

Let's focus on doing everything we can do as a fan base to get the players over the line and not start acting like we've already done it

I know some on here are just desperate to be too cool for school and have a pop at folks who aren't as 100% as bullish as they are about the relegation situation, but there's nothing wrong with taking a more sober view on this issue

It's perfectly possible to be both reasonably confident of us finishing the job whilst still also being a bit pensive because we know it isn't over yet and that there's still a little bit of a push needed
I know the very idea of nuance is baffling to some of you, but can you at least effing TRY?

Nah mate

Exactly this, they anticipated going right back down before the season started. They made no investment in the squad and just banked the money, which to be fair isnt a bad practice. If hard to just come up and immediately compete so why not go up, bank the money, go back down, then retool with the extra funds to make a better bid in a year or two?
Shrewd signings such as Barkley have meant they played themselves into a position where they'd have had a slight chance now even without the points deductions. If I was a Forest fan I wouldn't have felt secure with a 5 point gap going into the last few games seeing how bad they were