2023/24 Sean Dyche

Mind you no team in Premier League history has ever stayed up with a deduction and we did it with the 2nd largest in history, harshest possible besides administration

Even if we didn’t get points back and the full deduction of 12 points stood, we would’ve still stayed up.

This points to both the job Dyche has done as well as the weakness of the Premier League, particularly the bottom 4 clubs.

Godfrey has been sound the past two games.

(I am not advocating for us to keep playing him there!)

If Patterson can stay fit him and Godfrey would be ok for now. Would be good to get a decent utility player who can cover both full back positions. Another Neville or Oviedo type who can do a job.

Seeing the recent games and with Pattersons injury probably meaning he'll stay...i suspect he and Godfrey will be backups with another needed who can play CB/LB and a starting RB. Possibly even a cheap signing who can play both sides.

We were 19th in the league last season when Dyche come in, below - without Michael Keane having played a single minute.

View attachment 254456

That was Tarkowski and Coady.

I just checked and Keane then played 12 league games (10 starts) and if im not wrong we were seeing individual errors from him...? Causing us to leak goals in several games he played.

Now though bar the odd game we look tight.

Seeing the recent games and with Pattersons injury probably meaning he'll stay...i suspect he and Godfrey will be backups with another needed who can play CB/LB and a starting RB. Possibly even a cheap signing who can play both sides.

I just checked and Keane then played 12 league games (10 starts) and if im not wrong we were seeing individual errors from him...? Causing us to leak goals in several games he played.

Now though bar the odd game we look tight.

Keane needs to be sold this summer. He surely wants to actually play football and we need him nowhere near the club. Get any sort of fee for him and look for another young CB who can come in alongside Tarkowski Branthwaite and Godfrey

Fortunately for dyche some Everton fans think we’re Burnley
And have the same mentality as a certain chairman/ owner, I have no doubt you and few others on here were clapping bill when his face appeared on the big screen only 7/8 yrs ago and having a pop at any fan who tried to force him out

Proper Evertonians knew where Bill was taking us 15yrs ago, unfortunately some couldn’t see it or didn’t want to. And here
We’re arguing over Sean dyche, imagine being told that 5 years ago.

The same fans who tell you let’s just get to BMD with dyche and then have a reset, will tell in 18 months, let’s just settle into our new stadium, as a prem team for a few years and then have a reset.
You wouldn’t know ambition if it smacked you in the face

lol we
don’t think we’re burnley

we’re just seeing the current situation