New Everton Stadium

Without having them at hand, I'm pretty sure that the vents on the barrel cladding were not present/not clearly shown on the renders. Although I assume they were included, I don't remember seeing them in the planning and design documents, either, though admittedly the last time I looked at them was a good while ago. Can anybody confirm whether they were originally planned or whether they were a late addition?

Without having them at hand, I'm pretty sure that the vents on the barrel cladding were not present/not clearly shown on the renders. Although I assume they were included, I don't remember seeing them in the planning and design documents, either, though admittedly the last time I looked at them was a good while ago. Can anybody confirm whether they were originally planned or whether they were a late addition?

MEP design tends to come late in the construction process. Well, it's developed by a consultant to a certain point, usually RIBA Stage 3, and then it's taken over by the contractor responsible for installation. This further design development to RIBA Stage 4/5 is what usually comes later on as the Principal Contractor (LoR) appoints the MEP Sub-Contractor.

I wouldn't be suprised if the requirement for the ventilation in the cladding wasn't known/ identified until late on, certainly well after planning was submitted.

MEP design tends to come late in the construction process. Well, it's developed by a consultant to a certain point, usually RIBA Stage 3, and then it's taken over by the contractor responsible for installation. This further design development to RIBA Stage 4/5 is what usually comes later on as the Principal Contractor (LoR) appoints the MEP Sub-Contractor.

I wouldn't be suprised if the requirement for the ventilation in the cladding wasn't known/ identified until late on, certainly well after planning was submitted.
Makes sense, thanks.

View from New Brighton.

IMG_1595.jpeg

The Liver building was the skyscraper of its day. Roundly condemned by some traditionalists at the time. Cities need vibrancy. For that, they need density. A cluster of towers can help provide and concentrate that. Liverpool waters obviously contains several bodies of water, which will not be occupied.... therefore to maximise density, the developments along the Quaysides need height to be sustainable and to spread activity along the waterfront. Nowhere can sell tall buildings better than a port city's waterfront. If it can help attract investment and new businesses/jobs, we should maximising that opportunity. We did Half-hearted low rise on the south docks, it's pleasant enough, but hardly a massive wealth/job generator.
You've no doubt seen some great ports on your travels @Tom Hughes 👍

Noggsy...according to a poster on here are you one of those Drone Fellas that wears his own Hoodies and sniffs his own farts?

I've just subscribed👍
Having had the pleasure to meet Barry I can tell you for free he couldn't be more different to Mr Drone if he tried.

Barry does it purely for love of the build and Everrton.
Nothing more.
No hoodies, caps or coasters, just the occasional request to like/share/subscribe which allows him to keep doing what he does.

Putting a smile on the faces of us long suffering blues is reward enough. Anything else is a bonus.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back