New Everton Stadium

It's part of how the city gave the green light to the BMD redevelopment, a spring board for similar schemes in the surrounding area. There's also what happens to Goodison to document. (I always wanted Goodison 3d scanned or as close as can be with drones, and then incorporated into GTA because I wanted to jump it via rocket bike).

Yes I did just type that, and no I don't have a concussion.

I have a full resolution lidar scan of GP somewhere I think.

Ventilation exhaust requirements will have been known prior to planning, but there would have been no need to show location on the renders. The cladding model will not have been modelled to manufacture detail before then though and a lot of the 'skin' will have been created using much simpler modelling techniques and may have been as few as one single modelled and swept entity prior to Stage 3 for simplicity, rather than each cladding module being separate.

Fair enough. In my experience, loads of stuff changes on the MEP side of things post Stage 3 and the late appointment of the MEP sub-contractor usually brings all sorts head aches.

I'm suprised that architecturally they haven't tried to bring symmetry to the proposed vents. As I said previously, I appreciate they are functional but there is no reason why the pattern couldn't be repeated on both sides 🤷‍♂️ Seems like an oversight.

It's part of how the city gave the green light to the BMD redevelopment, a spring board for similar schemes in the surrounding area. There's also what happens to Goodison to document. (I always wanted Goodison 3d scanned or as close as can be with drones, and then incorporated into GTA because I wanted to jump it via rocket bike).

Yes I did just type that, and no I don't have a concussion.
There is also a piece of software that I have used that cuts videos into frames and stitches the images together using photogrammetry into a 3D model. It's better if you use hi res stills, but you can get a satisfactory model using video stills.

The cathedral has been captured using similar processes recently and the detail is really quite bonkers.

I also discussed with the club the possibility of a full digitisation of Goodison to be able to give virtual tours of Goodison Park long into the future and to have a VR suite in the hydraulic tower to give a fully immersive 'Goodison experience' for everybody. Trouble was we needed a grant to be able to deliver it and the money went elsewhere, Bristol I think.

Fair enough. In my experience, loads of stuff changes on the MEP side of things post Stage 3 and the late appointment of the MEP sub-contractor usually brings all sorts head aches.

I'm suprised that architecturally they haven't tried to bring symmetry to the proposed vents. As I said previously, I appreciate they are functional but there is no reason why the pattern couldn't be repeated on both sides 🤷‍♂️ Seems like an oversight.
Yes mate, it does, but with many of the exhausts being 'dirty' from kitchens and toilets etc, they need to sort positioning out early to avoid cross contamination with the fresh air intakes.

Not uncommon for an Architect to completely ignore any MEP requirements though 😔

I’d be amazed if cost control / value engineering downgrades from the ideal hasn’t played a part in later design aspects, since our financial woes hit.

It may be that the internal finishes are more likely to be affected, assuming that they can be upgraded later, when the financial position improves. They never are.

I’ve worked on some major projects where the developer has hit serious financial problems. Some of the design revisions adopted to cut initial build cost have been bonkers. These only added significantly to long term lifecycle cost, or severely compromised the original design intent.

Hopefully, we’ve avoided that fate, but I can’t imagine that there hasn’t been a ruthless cost cutting review.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back