New Everton Stadium

Cheers @tommye and we need to have that pint sometime soon.
Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm obsessed, even when I'm not doing updates you can find me once a week in the BM gazing out the window in awe. My missus calls it my second home. People only have to look at my channel to see it's 99.9% BMD.
I love watching other drone updates just as much as my own. I often wonder what I'll do when it's finished as I don't do other stuff like the other drone guys. Sell my drone, hang onto it and try to capture concerts, Euro 2028?
I'm just glad I can share the enjoyment I get from witnessing the build from start to finish and appreciate all the kind comments💙
You mean you dont have a "studio" with a red sh**e flag hanging behind you?

Shame on you.

With all the vent talk recently I took a look at the Allianz Arena & it also has uneven vents in its cladding. There's are higher up though so better hidden from ground level. The O2 Arena has a mahoosive vent too. Been a blot on many great designs way before our build but nobody really cares & are easily looked past.
1000004980.jpg
1000004981.jpg

I’d be amazed if cost control / value engineering downgrades from the ideal hasn’t played a part in later design aspects, since our financial woes hit.

It may be that the internal finishes are more likely to be affected, assuming that they can be upgraded later, when the financial position improves. They never are.

I’ve worked on some major projects where the developer has hit serious financial problems. Some of the design revisions adopted to cut initial build cost have been bonkers. These only added significantly to long term lifecycle cost, or severely compromised the original design intent.

Hopefully, we’ve avoided that fate, but I can’t imagine that there hasn’t been a ruthless cost cutting review.
Call me naive, but I dont think we would do that.

With all the vent talk recently I took a look at the Allianz Arena & it also has uneven vents in its cladding. There's are higher up though so better hidden from ground level. The O2 Arena has a mahoosive vent too. Been a blot on many great designs way before our build but nobody really cares & are easily looked past.
View attachment 265138View attachment 265139

Great post and agree, but the vent at the 02 is for the jubilee line, not the arena.

If we built across the kingsway tunnel we’d have to do the same, I think.

View attachment 265138View attachment 265139
the O2 vent is from the Blackwall tunnel so there long before the O2. I was there in them vents yesterday.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back