2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most overrated player I’ve seen in 30 years, happy to see him gone. He will be back in a French league within 2 years.
Barkley will be made up, one player he definitely won’t be worried for competition.
Don't think he is that bad but have not seen any consistency from him so far.
He bossed it in a two with Garner vs Villa I think but then looked out of it the following couple of weeks. I dont think he would be anywhere near as badly missed as Branthwaite. If we can make a tidy profit on him then farewell and good luck!

Word coming from Sascha and others that United came in and matched Villas bid + offered higher wages, but Onana had already given his word to Monchi and Emery.

Word coming from Sascha and others that United came in and matched Villas bid + offered higher wages, but Onana had already given his word to Monchi and Emery.

Sounds to me like Onana just bigging himself up ready for his next move from Villa before his current move to Villa has been confirmed.

"Look at me, I'm a man of my word....until the end of the season when I'll be ditching you for Man Utd"

Good player, when i reflect on the signing it was the wrong one in my opinion, it was big money for someone who wasn't a priority or a priority position.

It left the squad terribly under balanced, lacking in forwards and creative players - where the resources really should of gone.

Good player and im a fan of his, but i dont think we should have signed him.

Good player, when i reflect on the signing it was the wrong one in my opinion, it was big money for someone who wasn't a priority or a priority position.

It left the squad terribly under balanced, lacking in forwards and creative players - where the resources really should of gone.

On lampard this, a player that has 'everything' he quoted after getting him 🤔

You dont think we should have signed a player who we are about to make a 20m profit on?

A very interesting take.

Don't think he is that bad but have not seen any consistency from him so far.
He bossed it in a two with Garner vs Villa I think but then looked out of it the following couple of weeks. I dont think he would be anywhere near as badly missed as Branthwaite. If we can make a tidy profit on him then farewell and good luck!

Wrong player or at the wrong time. Lampard didn't have a clue tactically and Dyche is more old school and direct football.

He's never going to be Patrick Vieira but Emery should get more out of him. He's had a few of the top clubs wanting to sign him, he's got to have something about him.

If Moyes had got him instead that summer he'd have probably progressed more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back