2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll find out this season, make or break for him this year. Agree he seemed to have bursts of energy and involvement but spent a lot of time on the pitch missing in action. In retrospect I probably would never have signed a player who just wanted a stepping stone club to Champions League football.
In our current predicament this is actually the way to go….any club playing in CL wanting our players will play a good marker valuation which will assist with our P&S and normally it means they will have played well for us which helps the team (not so sure that was the case with Onana regardless of his ‘potential’). Once we are firmly established back into the top ten or so, we then need to try and retain our players and build on that

In our current predicament this is actually the way to go….any club playing in CL wanting our players will play a good marker valuation which will assist with our P&S and normally it means they will have played well for us which helps the team (not so sure that was the case with Onana regardless of his ‘potential’). Once we are firmly established back into the top ten or so, we then need to try and retain our players and build on that
We made a profit of around£15M while waiting for his potential to materialise, which it never did, paying him £6M in wages which he hardly earned———so we benefited off the the field while handicapped on it when he played or turned out.

Hes played for us like he's a lot better than he is, like he's a busquets clone, but he's not that type of player, busquets was a true phenom and played in a side that had the Goat and usually above 70% possesion. If he wants his talent to match his ego he should model his game on the makelele, rodri, kante type player as he has the tools there to be at least close to that class of player.

In my opinion
I think he has got the toolbox but it’s empty——in my opinion!

We made a profit of around£15M while waiting for his potential to materialise, which it never did, paying him £6M in wages which he hardly earned———so we benefited off the the field while handicapped on it when he played or turned out.
Yeah I think the question always has to be framed like this…..if we had paid £50m for him and then saw the performances he put in for us over the last two years would we think we got value or not. If the latter, then £50m is a good deal for us but it also may turn out to be a good deal for Villa if he performs better for them than he did for us.

Yeah I think the question always has to be framed like this…..if we had paid £50m for him and then saw the performances he put in for us over the last two years would we think we got value or not. If the latter, then £50m is a good deal for us but it also may turn out to be a good deal for Villa if he performs better for them than he did for us.

The sell on clause was a good idea mate.

Absolute madness to believe he is not a fantastic talent in every aspect of the game. A physical monster with playmaking abilities, though not always with his head in the right place which might be his downfall. Who knows.

Football is all about making a team though, and he never quite found his place here, so a sale made sense for all parties. Win-win-win imo, just not the right time for him here.

Still, my guess is he is going to be one of the leading defensive midfielders in PL for years to come, and I dont think his final destination is Villa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.