2023/24 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fir me he was a player who turned it on a couple if times a game for ten minutes or so but who largely was in second gear the rest. Question is was that him not being that bothered or more likely just the type of player he'll always be
We'll find out this season, make or break for him this year. Agree he seemed to have bursts of energy and involvement but spent a lot of time on the pitch missing in action. In retrospect I probably would never have signed a player who just wanted a stepping stone club to Champions League football.

Hes played for us like he's a lot better than he is, like he's a busquets clone, but he's not that type of player, busquets was a true phenom and played in a side that had the Goat and usually above 70% possesion. If he wants his talent to match his ego he should model his game on the makelele, rodri, kante type player as he has the tools there to be at least close to that class of player.

In my opinion

Hes played for us like he's a lot better than he is, like he's a busquets clone, but he's not that type of player, busquets was a true phenom and played in a side that had the Goat and usually above 70% possesion. If he wants his talent to match his ego he should model his game on the makelele, rodri, kante type player as he has the tools there to be at least close to that class of player.

In my opinion

Makelele and Kante are light years ahead of Onana mate, he'll never come close to being regarded anywhere on a par with those two

All the stats had him as a phenomenon but my eyes tell me that Idrissa at the age of 62 had a better and more effective season than him, if we can buy some fast wingers with that 55 mil then its a good call by Kev and Dychey.

His greatest attribute is fist pumping, patting his badge and imploring the crowd to get behind the team when he's won a throw in through a lucky deflection around the halfway line. We're gonna miss that.
hopefully we can unearth some badge patting wonderkid to replace him. Not easy

Reactions: SJB
Good luck to him.

But at the end of the day he got dropped from the team when the going got tough.
And playing a "certain type of football" didn't cause him to make an ass of himself whilst missing a penalty.

In the end, his time at Everton will be remembered for an appalling penalty miss. That sums him up. Good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.