Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Have Villa just gone ‘sod this’ when it comes to FFP? They are about so sign Onana and are now like to Raphina for 50m aswell. I’m sure they have spent 50m on Maaterson, their wage bill must be huge. As far as I can tell they are going to have about 10 midfielders competing for like 3 places next year. Bit mad in my opinion.

Have Villa just gone ‘sod this’ when it comes to FFP? They are about so sign Onana and are now like to Raphina for 50m aswell. I’m sure they have spent 50m on Maaterson, their wage bill must be huge. As far as I can tell they are going to have about 10 midfielders competing for like 3 places next year. Bit mad in my opinion.
They've had sales too (Luiz, likely Diaby, Kellyman, Tim) to help with FFP, and will likely have to make sales next June, but like you say their wage bill must be horrendous, even what they're paying Digne would probably make him our highest earner and he's a backup left back. And big name "free" signings like Kamara or Tielemans will have commanded a huge wage to persuade them.

They've thrown the kitchen sink at European / CL qualification and fair play, it's worked, but if they don't sustain it every year they're storing up the same sort of trouble we've just had. Can't fault the ambition though.

They've had sales too (Luiz, likely Diaby, Kellyman, Tim) to help with FFP, and will likely have to make sales next June, but like you say their wage bill must be horrendous, even what they're paying Digne would probably make him our highest earner and he's a backup left back. And big name "free" signings like Kamara or Tielemans will have commanded a huge wage to persuade them.

They've thrown the kitchen sink at European / CL qualification and fair play, it's worked, but if they don't sustain it every year they're storing up the same sort of trouble we've just had. Can't fault the ambition though.

Getting into the CL helps you hugely in terms of the financial side of things too. They're gambling a lot on being able to qualify again but even at their worst I can still see them being a team capable of finishing in a EL or ECL spot. As you say they've also managed to sell high with players like Luiz and Diaby. They have a DoF who appears to be excellent at making deals which work for them, both in and out.

Let me guess… because he’s 22?

Didnt check his age. Whats even the point of looking...the deal is a poor one.

I would think its because the dont have the funds to get two attackers, a cb, rb, and another CM. So they need at least 1 if not 2 loans, and dont want to commit more money to CM in case Tim develops into the player they want in a year.

Im confident there are better opportunites out there for loan players.

It just seems unlikely anyway I can’t see why the loan to us would already be set up before inter signed him I don’t know what the link is or what the benefit to inter is surely they’d be better just loaning him back to Venezia and him playing every week in the league they play in instead of coming to a totally different league and probably not playing a lot. Thats on top of it not seeming like a very good deal for us either.

Exactly

It just seems unlikely anyway I can’t see why the loan to us would already be set up before inter signed him I don’t know what the link is or what the benefit to inter is surely they’d be better just loaning him back to Venezia and him playing every week in the league they play in instead of coming to a totally different league and probably not playing a lot. Thats on top of it not seeming like a very good deal for us either.
We don't have any real links with Inter pretty random that they'd loan him to us.

We don't have any real links with Inter pretty random that they'd loan him to us.
Just need a keeper and a left winger and we can field a team of players who've played for both

Young Materazzi Ferrari Pistone

VDM Klaasen Dacourt _____

Etoo Lukaku​

Just got Coutinho off the books
Douglas Luiz for £50m

almost £180m sold from academy products since 2022

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back