Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

A Signature on Dom's contract will do me !!

( We haven't even paid for Beto yet, so Surely all that would do is go to Udinese )

Onana's sale should bring in a couple tho
True. Esp if DCL signs the contract but would still need some kind of backup. Chermiti and Maupay not good enough to be relied on

True. Esp if DCL signs the contract but would still need some kind of backup. Chermiti and Maupay not good enough to be relied on
Some kind you say…?
IMG_2953.jpeg

I think it makes sense if Everyone were after the player but lost our to Inter, then it's logical we try to bring him in on loan. If we manage to get him on loan then maybe in a year we can try and sign him permanently if he does well. Don't really see the issue. I get people want players on permanent signings but this frees up our funds to be used elsewhere where the selling market is more fruitful than the loan market

American playing in Serie B...Everton & Inter are linked and within 24hours the story is Inter will buy him and loan to us.

When was the last time a similar deal to this has been done? Why would we use a valuable loan slot for a player, only to develop for another team?

Doesnt exactly scream ready for the premier league.

This almost feels too specific to not be true

How tf does a deal like this even come about?

Insanity?

Why? We need midfield cover. Decent loan.

50% (1of2) of our overseas loans for a serie B player who may or may not be any good. Also if he becomes good after alot of coaching we get to remove him from the squad end of the season.

Sounds daft.

I don't know how else to describe it but he plays like he's American

Poorly?

Quite smart from them actually, imo. Buy a lad for €7m, send him to a poor side in a great league, if he can't get in the team he's probably not going to develop to Inter's level, if he does get in he raises his value instantly by being a PL player and if he does well inter have a great player on their hands that they know can already cut it.

Chelsea did the exact same thing for years under the last owner and made hundreds of millions off it (aside from the fact they were paying even more in dodgy deals behind the scenes for these players, but that's neither here nor there according to the PL apparently)

Yes smart from them but why would Everton do a deal like this? Illogical.

Cant think of a single reason for doing that Tessman deal on either side. For that reason, Sky Italia are chatting bubbles

He wont get in Inters squad so they would loan him out to improve. If does they sell him for a higher fee.

Benefit for us is we get to pay to train a player for a season who likely wont be good enough.

American playing in Serie B...Everton & Inter are linked and within 24hours the story is Inter will buy him and loan to us.

When was the last time a similar deal to this has been done? Why would we use a valuable loan slot for a player, only to develop for another team?

Doesnt exactly scream ready for the premier league.

Insanity?

50% (1of2) of our overseas loans for a serie B player who may or may not be any good. Also if he becomes good after alot of coaching we get to remove him from the squad end of the season.

Sounds daft.

Poorly?

Let me guess… because he’s 22?

Yes smart from them but why would Everton do a deal like this? Illogical.
I would think its because the dont have the funds to get two attackers, a cb, rb, and another CM. So they need at least 1 if not 2 loans, and dont want to commit more money to CM in case Tim develops into the player they want in a year.

I would think its because the dont have the funds to get two attackers, a cb, rb, and another CM. So they need at least 1 if not 2 loans, and dont want to commit more money to CM in case Tim develops into the player they want in a year.
It just seems unlikely anyway I can’t see why the loan to us would already be set up before inter signed him I don’t know what the link is or what the benefit to inter is surely they’d be better just loaning him back to Venezia and him playing every week in the league they play in instead of coming to a totally different league and probably not playing a lot. Thats on top of it not seeming like a very good deal for us either.

It just seems unlikely anyway I can’t see why the loan to us would already be set up before inter signed him I don’t know what the link is or what the benefit to inter is surely they’d be better just loaning him back to Venezia and him playing every week in the league they play in instead of coming to a totally different league and probably not playing a lot. Thats on top of it not seeming like a very good deal for us either.
If there is any truth in this unlikely rumour the assumption would have to be that Thelwell and Dyche feel the player is good enough to make an important contribution to the squad throughout the coming season . Also that at present no other comparable player can be found to fulfil their specific requirements .
Unlikely but not impossible and ,as another poster noted, the information seems so unusual and specific it shouldn’t be dismissed lightly.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.