2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you pick apart the bones you can find valid things to criticize.

Big picture, how anyone can be disappointed, I don't know. Even notwithstanding the results and the table, we have a team where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, that's cohesive, well drilled, aggressive in attack, diligent tracking back, hard-nosed, spirited, let's keep going with the superlatives.

This with a very thin squad and injuries to our top players.

That's a fantastic job. Not sure what more is wanting?

Back to actual football matters, West Ham (H), Watford (H), Wolves (A) and Spurs (H) are the next 4.

2 home games against teams we were competing with for European places last season, a home game against a newly promoted side and away to a side that are struggling. It will be a good test of where we are following a good start to the season.

Hopefully we can get Richarlison, DCL and Coleman back for these games, 8 points from these games has to be minimum target given 3 of them are at home.

Back to actual football matters, West Ham (H), Watford (H), Wolves (A) and Spurs (H) are the next 4.

2 home games against teams we were competing with for European places last season, a home game against a newly promoted side and away to a side that are struggling. It will be a good test of where we are following a good start to the season.

Hopefully we can get Richarlison, DCL and Coleman back for these games, 8 points from these games has to be minimum target given 3 of them are at home.
Watford could have one of those first games for a new manager things going on, i hate that, he will do everything for a point. Moyes will be going for a draw too, Wolves is the interesting one, however id say 8 points too

If you pick apart the bones you can find valid things to criticize.

Big picture, how anyone can be disappointed, I don't know. Even notwithstanding the results and the table, we have a team where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, that's cohesive, well drilled, aggressive in attack, diligent tracking back, hard-nosed, spirited, let's keep going with the superlatives.

This with a very thin squad and injuries to our top players.

That's a fantastic job. Not sure what more is wanting?

European finish, an appearance in a final.

Myself don't buy into the paper thin squad just some edging their bets if it goes awry, because they dont like being wrong on titernet.

No reason we can't finish with a degree of success as outlined.

European finish, an appearance in a final.

Myself don't buy into the paper thin squad just some edging their bets if it goes awry, because they dont like being wrong on titernet.

No reason we can't finish with a degree of success as outlined.

**checks bench against Utd**

Begovic
Longergan
Kenny
Davies
Gbamin
Holgate
Branthwaite
Dobbin
Whitaker

lol

2 wins a draw and a defeat. 7 points

A decent draw at Old Trafford, no doubt about that. But some of the pro Benitez cheerleaders are really overselling it. I mean like, some people are celebrating a draw as if it was a win. A draw against a United team, managed by the managerial maestro that is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at that. So settle down there now kids, and stop jizzing yourselves. It's a decent start to the season but it's how you finish, not how you start that counts.

Proper weird, init. Celebrating a good result...

GTF.

Didn't want Benitez to get the job but I'm obviously very happy at the way things are going.
Somehow, through about 7 different managers, and two DoF's we've actually established quite a good starting XI. Seems like Benitez is able to get them to play like a team. We obviously need depth and here's hoping we can remedy that in Jan.
The signings of Gray and Townsend seem inspired and offset Rondon and the keepers. (maybe Rondon comes good but how could we sign such an out of shape striker as the only backup??)
My main concern is still the speed at which the mood could turn. Villa and QPR showed glimpses of that.
I'm glad he's banking a lot of good will now because he'll need all he can get for the inevitable poor spell comes.
Overall 7/10. Still cant get used to him doing press stuff.

It's not insecurities, it's love for Everton. The people who are making this stand, love and care for the club more in my opinion. Those who understand need no explanation. Those who don't do not matter.
Now Look at Benitez. He has come to the club, if he had really meant anything actually he wouldn't have come. I for myself belive , he will come to love Everton the most of all the clubs he has ever managed, he looks really happy to me to be here.

**checks bench against Utd**

Begovic
Longergan
Kenny
Davies
Gbamin
Holgate
Branthwaite
Dobbin
Whitaker

lol

Beggars belief init mate:

Begovic - Hologram
Longergan - Almost old enough for a free bus pass
Kenny - At best he was an okay RB for bottom half Bundesliga team, at worst couldn't even cut it in the Scottish League
Davies - Mid-table prem player
Gbamin - Made of glass
Holgate - Mid-table prem defender
Branthwaite - Young and unproven
Dobbin - Even younger and more unproven
Whitaker - Who?

That said I do think we can challenge for Europe this season, think we'll need to be lucky with injuries and certainly look to address the right-back issue in Jan at the very least for us to make it all the way though.

The Manager will be telling the players he fully expects 12 points.

Fair chance he'll get them too.

The Team (no doubt about it, they're a team this season) is more than capable, particularly when all fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.