Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't get my head around why him over Cornet. Makes no sense to me. We need goals and creativity. Cornet scored more in half a season than McNeil has in his career
Unable to buy Cornet, despite his release clause being less than what we're paying for McNeill. lol

Utter shambles.
Cornet has a release clause of less than burnley could expect to get (he is worth more than 17.5mil), so they are rightly saying we want it all up front.

McNeil doesn't have a release clause, Burnley can get the price they value him at and so are happy to take it in installments.

Not that hard to grasp.

I'm happy with this signing, young hungry player that Frank can mould. He's 22 so if he plays very well for a few seasons we could make profit on him, the types of signings we should be making. Probably not on daft wages either.

Stop the bed wetting

I like the plan of avoiding relegation by acquiring multiple starters off a team that just got relegated.
The redshite bought that rat Robertson and wijnaldum from relegated teams and they turned out alright.

There is good value to be found. Leicester bought Maguire for buttons then sold him for 80 mil

We signed Richy from relegated Watford don't forget

Why do football fans never entertain the idea that there may be relevant information to which they aren't privy that would rule out signing a player. E.g. Cornet deal may be too expensive / Dennis has a poor attitude etc.

Why go straight to bed wetting?

Cornet has a release clause of less than burnley could expect to get (he is worth more than 17.5mil), so they are rightly saying we want it all up front.

McNeil doesn't have a release clause, Burnley can get the price they value him at and so are happy to take it in installments.

Not that hard to grasp.

I'm happy with this signing, young hungry player that Frank can mould. He's 22 so if he plays very well for a few seasons we could make profit on him, the types of signings we should be making. Probably not on daft wages either.

Stop the bed wetting

Let's see which of us are happier after half a season of McNeill playing for us.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Not that hard to grasp.

Stop the bed wetting
I think it’s perhaps not specifically McNeil people are upset about, but more the fact we’ve replaced Brazil’s first choice attacker with someone who’s distinctly average

Why do football fans never entertain the idea that there may be relevant information to which they aren't privy that would rule out signing a player. E.g. Cornet desk may be too expensive / Dennis has a poor attitude etc.

Why go straight to bed wetting?

Because, as proven season after season after season, in the main, basically 99% of the time, we are absolutely crap at signing players. We sign players who are too expensive, we sign players who are injury prone, we sign players who have a bad attitude, we sign players who are simply crap.

It's very rare that we sign a player that ticks a lot of the boxes of a positive signing let's be honest.

Not that hard to grasp.

Stop the bed wetting

Always one tedious bore who brings out the bedwetting comment. Caring about the future of your football club isn't wetting the bed.

McNeil is plan B, C or D. He does not improve the attacking aspect of our team irrespective of how we need to structure our payments.

Just because a Vauxhall Corsa is cheaper on finance it doesn't make it a good car.

I think it’s perhaps not specifically McNeil people are upset about, but more the fact we’ve replaced Brazil’s first choice attacker with someone who’s distinctly average
True but the people I was replying to where moaning about the price of him Vs cornet.

Realistically we are never going to replace Richy with someone as good are we.

I'd rather spread the money over 2/3 hungry young players than try splash 60 mil on trying to find an exact Richy clone

Status
Not open for further replies.